Battlefield 3 is coming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i was intrigued about BF3's supposed 64bit optimisation. So i go over to twitter, follow a rendering architect at DICE on the BF3 team. I ask:

@repi Besides being able to use more than 4gb of memory what other benefits can we expect from 64bit BF3 ?

The reply i get:

@kmanmx there is no 64-bit native executable, no practical benefits with that right now. Though I do recommend a 64-bit OS as that helps

cdn.alt1040.com.files.2010.12.dude-wtf.jpg

They are. You can see it in the video. I think BC2 nerfed it just because it was originally a console series.

The original BC did not have it. Honestly I am glad. I hate prone for the sheer fact that campers increase 10 fold. Not going to welcome it or ***** if its not there.

The original BC did not have it. Honestly I am glad. I hate prone for the sheer fact that campers increase 10 fold. Not going to welcome it or ***** if its not there.

It does increase camping, to a degree, but if you get a good server or even one with the anti-camp stuff it's not a problem. I like prone not so i can camp but so i can get behind smaller cover when under fire if nothing crouch-height is available. Also in BF3 supposedly you can deply bipods, so i imagine it will increase accuracy.

If they increase the time it takes to get into prone and out of it, it will help avoid it beind spammed.

What you really mean is: "in CoD it increases campers 10 fold." BF has never really had a big camping problem. Sure there were snipers that would place claymores and camp atop a crane or building, but they almost always got wasted by another sniper, heli, jet, or tank. No arguing it...prone in BF is a MUST for the simple reason Kmanmx just gave.

So, i was intrigued about BF3's supposed 64bit optimisation. So i go over to twitter, follow a rendering architect at DICE on the BF3 team. I ask:

@repi Besides being able to use more than 4gb of memory what other benefits can we expect from 64bit BF3 ?

The reply i get:

@kmanmx there is no 64-bit native executable, no practical benefits with that right now. Though I do recommend a 64-bit OS as that helps

cdn.alt1040.com.files.2010.12.dude-wtf.jpg

Somebody has to be trolling.

First thing I'm gonna do when this game comes out is get straight to the dolphin diving. Gotta be a pro at that.

No 64-bit executable? They have to be trolling you.

Oh i thought u meant i was trolling. Well they said it's 64bit optimised but theres no 64bit executable, so yeh, go figure.

First thing I'm gonna do when this game comes out is get straight to the dolphin diving. Gotta be a pro at that.

Lol. I hope you're joking. They already confirmed it wont be possible, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom