Battlefield 2142

Status
Not open for further replies.
QFT, Crysis multiplayer ( including warhead ) still needs some major work in the form of game bugs and game mechanics, it just doens't work as well compared to BF2. Cryteks support of the original Crysis was a little iffy, sure they came out with patches but really late after its release when it was badly needed. The last patch for crysis FINALLY got rid of the no explosion rifle grenade bug that plagued the game for an 9 out of the 11 months it was out. Lets hope EA gives them money to do a better job with support for Warhead cause there is already a very high amount of bugs that werent even in the original Crysis ( read up on the ridiculous scoping bug ).

I have been playing Crysis multiplayer for qite a while (both the original and wars) and it isn't that bad. I'd take it over BF2 any day (I have Bf2 and haven't played it in months). Power Struggle is just more in depth and you have larger scale weapons (nukes). Not to metion the grahphics in Crysis are vastly superior.

I have been playing Crysis multiplayer for qite a while (both the original and wars) and it isn't that bad. I'd take it over BF2 any day (I have Bf2 and haven't played it in months). Power Struggle is just more in depth and you have larger scale weapons (nukes). Not to metion the grahphics in Crysis are vastly superior.

Hey listen I like Crysis multiplayer and am an avid fan of Crysis so I don't consider myself bias at all...but come on. If you ever played BF2 you would know just how in depth of a game it is. Besides the various classes the game had, to truly be good you would have to master choppers with tv guided missles, aircraft dog fighting, how to be an overfield commander etc etc, in no way or form is Crysis more complicated. My main complaints about Crysis Wars:

1. A lot of devestating bugs like the scope bug where if you go into scope mode near an object that causes you to retract your gun, your stuck in scope mode...try it out yourself its a terrible bug they need to fix ASAP

2. The clumsy interface, for some reason the interface to set up your classes is very clumsy and can even be interupted by the on going action ( if your killed in the bunker while setting up classes, the interface just closes and doesn't save any of the class schemes...some times it just doesn't save any of the schemes period! ) This is unacceptable in modern day games...

3. Vehicles were very clumsy and had paper mache armor, this has been greatly fix in Crysis Wars and I like it

4. Odd pricing, I mean a aircraft is cheaper then a tank? How does that make any sense? Especially when the aircraft can deal out so much more damage in the hands of a skilled pilot. Also underused stuff like reflex scopes cost WAY too much prestige points.

5. Little annoying stuff like why do I have to equip a scope on my rifle every time I respawn? I mean is this honestly necessary? It not only takes up valuable seconds but is a hassle to do and makes me not even want to get a scope for a rifle.

6. The great graphics are kind of circumvented by the games powerful engine. Rarely are there computers out there who can run multiplayer mode with a full server at full graphics and still get 60+ fps. Sure the graphics are better even at medium settings, but for 60+ fps ( the FPS I love for multiplayer games ) the medium settings dont look significantly better then BF2 graphics. In the future of course this will be solved, but honestly they should have did what CS source did for multiplayer and just lower the post processing physics to speed up performance. People dont understand COD4 runs so smoothly for everyone because it has like near to 0 post processing physics stuff.

7. They really need to perhaps consider the squad leader system that worked great in BF2.

I also have warhead so I'm going to argue your points 1 by 1.

1. I have never heard of that bug. Not sure what you are talking about, but the game is still v1.0 there have been no patches yet. Have some realistic expectations

2.There are no classes in Crysis. That statement makes me think you don't even own the game.

3.Last night just to practice I set up a closed lan server o the battlefield map. I found it takes 4 rockets to take out any given tank, the rocket launcher only holds 3. That is not paper mache. In BF2 anyone with a rocket could kill a tank.

4. Air craft don't deal more damage than tanks. The rockets on the VTOL IMO are under powered. Also the tanks have thicker armor. And IRL tanks are just as expensive as fighters.

5. its called adaptability. The fact that I can take my scar and put a sniper scope, a silencer and switch it to semi to pick off guys makes a big difference over before. In BF2, you got a scope on the M4, maybe I want a reflex sight instead? No worries in Crysis you can buy one.

6. Once again have realistic expectations dude. BF2 was released in 2005. Crysis was designed form the beginning to be several generations ahead of the hardware. not only that, but it has great graphics because of its engine, not in spite of it. If you want better performance maybe you should run it in DX9 mode. Looks just as good and gives you better fps.

7. Whenever i played BF2 and BF2142 ( i have both) the squad system failed. Everyone online is a primadonna. I don't know what servers you play at, but the only time that actually works is when you are in a clan already. A bunch of strangers randomly on the same team wont work together well. Atleast the guys in warhead are nice enough to run up and repair my tank.

7. Whenever i played BF2 and BF2142 ( i have both) the squad system failed. Everyone online is a primadonna. I don't know what servers you play at, but the only time that actually works is when you are in a clan already. A bunch of strangers randomly on the same team wont work together well. Atleast the guys in warhead are nice enough to run up and repair my tank.

i have to agree also if you end up meatign up with some one asultign the same point they fight with you not run off and try to be a hero.

I also have warhead so I'm going to argue your points 1 by 1.

1. I have never heard of that bug. Not sure what you are talking about, but the game is still v1.0 there have been no patches yet. Have some realistic expectations

2.There are no classes in Crysis. That statement makes me think you don't even own the game.

3.Last night just to practice I set up a closed lan server o the battlefield map. I found it takes 4 rockets to take out any given tank, the rocket launcher only holds 3. That is not paper mache. In BF2 anyone with a rocket could kill a tank.

4. Air craft don't deal more damage than tanks. The rockets on the VTOL IMO are under powered. Also the tanks have thicker armor. And IRL tanks are just as expensive as fighters.

5. its called adaptability. The fact that I can take my scar and put a sniper scope, a silencer and switch it to semi to pick off guys makes a big difference over before. In BF2, you got a scope on the M4, maybe I want a reflex sight instead? No worries in Crysis you can buy one.

6. Once again have realistic expectations dude. BF2 was released in 2005. Crysis was designed form the beginning to be several generations ahead of the hardware. not only that, but it has great graphics because of its engine, not in spite of it. If you want better performance maybe you should run it in DX9 mode. Looks just as good and gives you better fps.

A reply…1 by 1

1. If you've never heard of the bug clearly you haven't experimented with it yourself and have never gone to any crisis forum has countless of threads talking about this annoying bug

2. I refered to classes as the prestige buy menu which lists pre-made classes already ( and allows you to create your own ), so classes is a generic word used to refer to a buy load out scheme. This makes me wonder if you've ever played the game before by not knowing what I was talking about….If you still don't think I own the game, we could always join a server together :p

3. Weak vehicles were constantly complained about in the original crisis ( which I was primarily referring too ), they sorta fixed this in Crysis Wars, not sure on the data number changes for hit points. In BF2 it took 4 to take out a tank from the front and 2 from the back or treads.

4. VTOL underpowered in Crysis? Are you kidding? Clearly you haven't played in single servers in the original Crysis where a single VTOL was slaughtering half the team from a bunker forcing everyone to spawn at the home base. Maybe they weakened it severely in Crysis Wars, I don't know I haven't flown a VTOL yet.

4. Im not complaining about the cool selection of 3 scopes, I like that, Im complaining that even though I have a pre-setup class which buys the scope, every time I spawn I have to reattach the scope to my rifle, this process at most takes 2 seconds…why not set the game to automatically fit on the scope on the weapon ( rarely will a person buy 2 scopes and if they do fitting on one scope automatically is better then fitting on none ). This problem is most evident if you're a sniper and constantly have to attach the sniper scope on after EVERY respawn. Its not nit-picking…its an actual noticeable problem every time I respawn

5. I am in DX9 mode, I have windows xp and don't have that DX10 hack nor do I want it.

6. Your statement has validity if your in a newbie pub but I usually had a clan and we usually played league matches. Virtually all the reviews stated that the squad leader spawn off was a good idea and I constantly see this suggestion in Crysis Wars forums. It helps a squad be more coherent cause their spawning in the same point rather then spawning one at a time in a bunker.

You might say most of Crysis Wars addresses these complaints somewhat and that's a good thing ( why I bought the game ), and you also might say my expectations are too high cause it just came out, well just like you said BF2 came out in 2005, they should have learned from EA Dices past mistakes. Besides most of the stuff I mention isn't programming flaws, its design flaws. It took them 9 months to fix the exploding grenade launcher bug! Make as many excuses as you want, this was unacceptable!

PS. EA Dice's BF2 has a tremendous amount of bugs and bad support...so its rather ironic Im using it as a good example, but it is design wise. They never fixed BF2s J-10 ridiculous overpoweredness is a prime example. ( It can do circles around a P-35 and virtually any BF2 player will tell you there not only over powered, but ridiculously over powered )

Why bother to set up pre made classes? I buy weapons based on the current situation and use dozens of different combination In a given match based of what is most effective at that time. One of my favorite features in Wars is the adaptability of the weapons.

How the vehicles in Wars are weaker than BF2. In BF2 any noob with a rocket launcher can kill a tank while in wars a rocket launcher doesn't even hold enough ammo to kill one.

I usually buy multiple scopes when I spawn so I'm glad it doesn't automatically arm one of them.

That's not a class, that's a loadout. A class is something like a warrior in WoW, or an Engineer in BF2. There is no such thing in crysis.

I hardly use the loadout feature myself. I just don;t like macros. And that is essentially what it is.

And no, I don't go to game specific forums. Why would I? I'm not so obsessed with any particular game that I feel that I must be part of its community. My room mate would disagree, but he is completely infatuated with WoW. And your also right, I don't experiment, I play the game. If the glitch is so hard to get that you have to experiment to find it then its not that big of an issue.

I know the VTOL was god i the first one. My point is I think they did too much. In my hands at least its clumsy, but this may be do to inexperience.

5. I am in DX9 mode, I have windows xp and don't have that DX10 hack nor do I want it.

You have an 8800GTX, what are you complaining about then? You wont be able to max out crysis without spending a lot of money for at least another generation. Just give it time. They did that on purpose.

But your criticism of Crysis isn't fair I think. You judging it against a game that had a completely different goal and out look. Crysis is not a squad based game, so get over it. Second you are bashing it for having bugs upon release. Show me a game that was bug free at launch. Better yet just show a game that is bug free.

BF2 is old, its graphics are meh, it is still very buggy. Some shortcomings are acceptable, but the level at which it fails at life has now excuse 4 years later. Punkbuster in BF2 is obnoxious, it was poorly implemented and it would constantly kick your for bad ping, when it was the servers fault. I can get great ping on Crysis and bad ping on BF2, on the same machine on the same connection. And this is one EA servers. Its the net code. It sucks.

Punkbuster in Crysis, although not perfect, is seamlessly integrated. If you are kicked you don't know if it was the system or the admin, I have only been kicked once for ping and the server was in Germany.

Further more, as much as it will **** off the fanboys. I think BF2 adds nothing to the BF genre. I have BF1924, and aside form graphics and different weapons the game adds little to the mix.

I bought BF2142, something that I regret, the game is boring. I played it twice. But i have been having a great time with warhead. I got off a server with Puddle just to answer your absurd post.

Why bother to set up pre made classes? I buy weapons based on the current situation and use dozens of different combination In a given match based of what is most effective at that time. One of my favorite features in Wars is the adaptability of the weapons.

How the vehicles in Wars are weaker than BF2. In BF2 any noob with a rocket launcher can kill a tank while in wars a rocket launcher doesn't even hold enough ammo to kill one.

I usually buy multiple scopes when I spawn so I'm glad it doesn't automatically arm one of them.

Are you guys kidding me? Now Im thinking you guys are disagreeing with me just to disagree with me...

Premade classes like -sniper3 or rifle2 are important because you can create diff varients of the classes ( that address the diff situations as you mention ) and save LOTS of time, it takes at least 8 seconds to buy a full rifle load out manually with attachments, nades, and items, etc. The game doesn't exactly pause for you and theres no buy phase like in CS. Not to mention your totally vulnerable in a bunker during this process ( people usually run in a bunker in strength mode and go punch crazy on everyone which is hilarious...but ridiculously frustrating to defend against when you just spawned and are in the buy menu )

Also in BF2 actually armor was considered and still is considered overpowered in the hands of a good player, I have almost 600+ hours in BF2, so trust me I know the game all too well ( look up [UCI]Gabb in BF2 stats pages ). Armor combined with a commanders supply box requires at least 2-3 dedicated AT troopers to even have a chance at taking it out and no skillful player can ambush a tank with C4 on a vehicle or on foot because I always cycle through the camera angles with hotkeys.

You can always buy your rifle and attachments while you are waiting to spawn.

I am disagreeing with you because I found Battlefield 2 to be over hyped. It was a good game for it's time and is still decent but It's not nearly as good as people make it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom