ATI/AMD may be going down the tubes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love how some people are so worried about a cpu/gpu monopoly when there is a complete operating system monopoly and thats why vista blows at the moment, and i just love how nobody ever complains about that.

amd/ati ftw.

i have no problems with vista. in fact I enjoy it quite a bit. have yet to find something besides speedconnect internet optimizer that doesnt work. and it doesnt do much of anything anyway :S and I do enjoy dx10. monopoly or not. IDC.

I do agree that its 'slower' than XP. but not enough for me to even care much about ^^

AMD will be around for a long time methinks. they may never lead the pack but that makes no difference as long as they're nipping at intel's heals

EDIT:mad:Apok does Linux support Open GL?
I believe it does.

Well, at least most versions of it would. But maybe some people remove it (among other things) for some versions in order to create a light version of Linux for a specific purpose.

AMD will be around for a long time methinks. they may never lead the pack but that makes no difference as long as they're nipping at intel's heals
You mean the healing they had to do from the beating they took from K8, while they were pushing Netburst?

I will never buy an nVidia card.

The only cards I have ever bought are:

Sapphire X1550 Low Profile 256MB
HIS X1950 Pro IceQ 256MB

My next card will be based on R700. I am skipping this generation.

useless post
Iron E.
14372072_1261576748.jpg

They should join AMD/ATI with Ageia to form AAG.

Processor/GPU/Physx card all in one.

Anyway, they even admitted they screwed up on there Quad Core.

They should join AMD/ATI with Ageia to form AAG.

Processor/GPU/Physx card all in one.

Anyway, they even admitted they screwed up on there Quad Core.

they would lose more money n be in debt if they bought or merged with PhysX.

they promised a fixed, but the BIOS update lowered the overall performance of current Phenoms by 10% or more. B3 stepping comes out around March, starting with the 9900 n FXs.

i have no problems with vista. in fact I enjoy it quite a bit. have yet to find something besides speedconnect internet optimizer that doesnt work. and it doesnt do much of anything anyway :S and I do enjoy dx10. monopoly or not. IDC.

vista isn't a bad os, i'm just saying that it's not where near as stable as xp or 98.

and monopolies arn't a bad thing as long as they are productive and don't stifle growth. If lets say 10 other os companies, for profit companies, not open source like linux mind you, pop up next week and put out a product that would rival vista and xp, and microsoft bought them out so they wouldn't produce anything anymore, then the government would step in and wouldn't allow it. but as long as they seem to be a monopoly but aren't eliminating all competition then its fine and were better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom