ATI/AMD may be going down the tubes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
vista is awesome
and I find it utterly amazing the monopoly thing is still being claimed, when so many will either say...they use firefox, opera, Linux, Mac.

Gotta love the present definition of monopoly...it used to mean what it was supposed to mean....did that confuse any? I'm sure it did, hehe.

MS dominates but has competition, but still called a monopoly. eh
I love the MS monopoly then! :)

vista is awesome
and I find it utterly amazing the monopoly thing is still being claimed, when so many will either say...they use firefox, opera
Mostly on Microsoft OS's

which doesn't have DirectX

Which is not nearly as customisable (hardware-wise) as PC's are (though, I do like the Mac OS)
and if you want to run DirectX games, you still have to use a Microsoft OS through emulation

Gotta love the present definition of monopoly...it used to mean what it was supposed to mean....did that confuse any? I'm sure it did, hehe.

MS dominates but has competition, but still called a monopoly. eh
I love the MS monopoly then! :)
DirectX has a monopoly.

I love choice, I prefare AMD but sometimes Intel has the best bang for the buck. I LOVE LINUX, FreeBSD an I love Vista, the thing is I have a choice.

Tofu has it right the definition of monopoly is totally corrupted from what it should be. Just make the right choice but beware that if you chose Mac you will be signing your soul over the devil.

i used to love messing with that BeOS...on my Win machine! ;)
and I love you all too! sexy be-atches...don't run!

hehe

That's dumb to think this. Maybe AMD's next cpu after Phenom will beat nehlahem... then they will keep trashing them. Then you'll say intel's dieing >_>

It takes a lot to destroy a multi billion dollar company...

That's dumb to think this. Maybe AMD's next cpu after Phenom will beat nehlahem... then they will keep trashing them. Then you'll say intel's dieing >_>

It takes a lot to destroy a multi billion dollar company...

ooo trotter edited something u said bad :p.

anyhow, idk, i still think that after the 9900 n FXs come out, they may or may be close to the high-end Intel extreme processors in overall performance.

i still have hope!

ooo trotter edited something u said bad :p.

anyhow, idk, i still think that after the 9900 n FXs come out, they may or may be close to the high-end Intel extreme processors in overall performance.

i still have hope!

I seriously don't get if I say one bad thing... not even bad... I get edited... I mean I've been to 10+ forums and this is the only one >_>

but I still feel intel has the upper hand... but I really want to see AMD conquer Nvidia :(

My 4000+(San Diego) is performing wonderful, just two years ago, dual cores were all the rage, in fact they were THE new age, no less then a year later, QUAD CORE processing is the new thing.

Dual Cores are the new Single Cores
Quad Cores are the new Dual Cores

Regardless of monopoly or company spikes, technology advances. The wonderful thing about competition is the fact that
1) AMD creates a different architecture to their quad core processor
2) Intel capitalizes on their opponents 'new' technology, and creates there version of it
3) Prices fluctuate
4) PC enthusiast buy the cheaper quadcore and wait for the 'new and improved' to get a better little brother.

But, I do think there should be a kind of return policy on PC parts, while most people wouldn't think so, a lot of consumers don't own dual core or quad core processors. Technology is moving to fast and it would be nice to recycle all the old PC components first(old for us would be Core 2 Duo or AMD FX), that would be a nice tax return type deal.

there's still smaller companies than amd chugging along

i remember seeing some laptops w/ a processor company i've never heard of in my life

are you talking about the VIA processors in the lil' laptops?

And Vista is a great P.os

also DX10 is a monopoly as well, since most programmers are familiar with it Open GL is hardly used :(. no one cares especially since Open GL2.1>Dx10

EDIT:mad:Apok does Linux support Open GL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom