ATI/AMD may be going down the tubes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're a massive company and they just need another couple of years to work on their integrated cpu/gpu and they'll revolutionize computing for ever. Nothing more than a rough patch for them as far as I'm concerned. With that in mind, all us fanboys should work hard to support them during this phase. The "Is AMD Doomed?" question has been asked repeatedly for years just like how everybody thinks pc gaming is doomed when the next gen consoles launch. AMD/ATI isn't going anywhere just yet. It's all hype and speculation.

The reason why I want both Intel and AMD to survive and do well, is because otherwise there will be a CPU/Graphics card monopoly.

If there was no competition, Intel could just sit back and take their time and not bother with revolutionizing computing. They could gouge their prices up and people would have to pay, because there would be no competition!

With AMD and Intel battling, we get cheap prices, and great advancements in both the CPU and Video card area.

but i'm poor....not like you richies or ultra fanatics who plunk down so much money. Doing the SLI stuff, etc.

I did get a fairly decent future proof set up. If needs be, I could plop in some more ATI cards, thanks to the good ole intel975xbx

Ignore my plunking of monies into 400+ dvds :D

but i'm poor....not like you richies or ultra fanatics who plunk down so much money. Doing the SLI stuff, etc.

I did get a fairly decent future proof set up. If needs be, I could plop in some more ATI cards, thanks to the good ole intel975xbx

Ignore my plunking of monies into 400+ dvds :D

I know exactly how you feel. I wish I had the money and the resources (other than money) to just trade in for new stuff whenever it came out...

ah, some people think they may get absorbed by ibm, but somehow I doubt it.

simple big picture economics...
they are a good company with good products...
but 2 mistakes could have the negative spiral affect...
billion dollar aquisition of ATI, debt, and then delays...

I find myself rereading that stuff...it seems pretty major stuff, interesting to see where amd will make it's turns.

like gloomer said about competition...I wouldn't have my Conroe (in the present day) without AMDvsIntel :D

im not rich..............yet. AMD just needs to work on the Phenoms n HD 3000 series n then they will be getting loads of money.

the 3850 n 3870 r doing well, considering it to be cheaper then Nvidia's cards. Phenom is doing alright, but most ppl know about the TLB bug so they sales r not going through the roof yet.

Dont forget, amd was in the lead not too long ago, and introduced many technologies first. Amd was the gamers choice for a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom