Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powahslave said:
Just wondering, what animes have you seen? I agree that lots of anime is total crap, but there are also some excellent ones.

DITTO. I look at Anime like I look at Movies. You got your good ones like Gladator, Pirates Of The Carrabian, and you got your crap ones (like Revenge Of the Toxic Crusader).

My suggested viewing includes :-
* Ghost In The Shell Movie
* Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex
* Spriggan
* Macross Plus 4 Part Orginal Video Animation Series
* Macross Plus The Movie
* Cowboy BeBop
* Wonderful Days (It Korean, but it still worth watching)
* BetterMan
* Neon Genesis Evangelion (There is no episode 25 and 26)
* Outlaw Star

The problem is that what the west is getting is at least 5 to 10 (some times more) years old. So if you compair Dragon Ball Z what ever Disney is currently releasing, of course it's going to look data. Like the actual DBZ story finished up it's 10 year story around about 1993. It was 1995 that the yanks started dubbing the orginal Dragon Ball Series. Like reciently, i have noticed that they are starting to show Yu Yu Hakusho. That is like really OLD SCHOOL there.
As for G-Gundam. I would really like to know who the bright spark was that desided that THAT show would be good for US sindication as is about the WORSE GUNDAM series on out there. Why couldn't they do some thing like one of the newer series like Gundam X or Gundam Seed, as appose to going backwards in the series.

As for the Pocket Mosters shows like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Yoh, etc. etc. They just annoy me.

I've come to enjoy anime after watching 'adult swim' all during spring break.

My favorites are Witch Hunter Robin, Big O, and CowboyBebop....

Sure the dialog leaves much to be desired, but it's really a good watch when you're bored.:)

cas0496 said:
Is it just me or is this the stupidest crap on the planet. I just don't get it. Everything looks the same and the cartoons are so freaking stupid I want to pound my head against the wall!

I hope I'm not alone here.....

What am I missing??? Why is this shitt so popular?? Cartoons in my day were awesome and funny and WELL DRAWN and had good voice overs. The crap today has horrible acting and most of the time the mouths don't even move!! What's up with that???

Gimme a break!

Anime is able to tickle the mind's imagination. THats what i love about it. However im not talking about the crap on tv, like pokemon, yugioh....im talking about the real stuf..

Ninja Scroll
Akira
Street Fighter: THe animated Movie

If you watch these three movies, i think you will have a totally new appreciation for this unaprreciated art.

Also do not watch Ninja Scroll with parents/siblings...gets graphic at certain points.

Re: Re: Anime

soundgarden said:
Also do not watch Ninja Scroll with parents/siblings...gets graphic at certain points.

And Akira doesn't??? :confused:

Akira is like the movie Strange Days. For the for half of the films it's random acts of violence that don't seem to get going any where until the middle of the film where is starts coming together.

Im new to these forums and it is good to see that some other ppl here like anime. =)

Anime is bigger than life and the good thing about it is that it's quite unlikely that you will ever run out of it. Well maby it isnt bigger than life but close. At least it is bigger than my four HDs.

Some really good shows not mentioned here are Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Hellsing, Fruitsbasket, Hack Sing and Great Teacher Onizuka. Well there would be hella lot more buut.. =)

Half of my friends love anime and the other half hates it. Maby its one of the unsolvable mysteries of life why ppl like anime or don't. But people never should bash anime just because they have seen some horrible tentacle pr0n feeds that only some perverted japs can watch without laughing or feeling sick. Imo everyone can like anime, because theres so many different kind of animes.

It's all crap!! Even the names are lame. I can see (maybe) if your ten years old it might appeal to you but there is something that weirds me out when I picture grown men sitting in front of a television drooling over these lame as cartoons! LOL

Now The Simpsons....that's a cartoon!! Even South Park or King of the Hill.....that's real talent.

cas0496 said:
It's all crap!!
You want to give some examples on why they are crap as appose to just saying that they crap.

cas0496 said:
Even the names are lame.
A few reasons there.
1. Literal Translation. Japanese language structure is different to english.
2. Japanese like this sort of thing.

cas0496 said:
I can see (maybe) if your ten years old it might appeal to you but there is something that weirds me out when I picture grown men sitting in front of a television drooling over these lame as cartoons! LOL

I will confess that there are some really sad cases that are into anime. Eg. My flatemate when is comes down to the Transformers Armada cartoon. There is a few other people that i have been know to say "Okay, you are scaring me"

cas0496 said:
Now The Simpsons....that's a cartoon!! Even South Park or King of the Hill.....that's real talent.

What........????
The Simpsons is a classic example of the disfunctional family. I get enough of that in real life, let alone having that on TV.

South Park - the animation is south park is worse than some low budget anime studios.

King Of The Hill is a classic example of Red Necks.

I am currently watching this anime called BetterMan, which is a mix of X-Files, SuperPowers and Giant Robots. Anime is used so I get away from reality, not so I can get reminded of it.

Re: Re: Anime

amd643200+ said:
yes it is the stupidest crap ever!

and all who watch it are retarded ....its gay

I love it when people justify their arguements. Makes me feel proud to be part of the human race.

(NOTE TO THE MODS : Yes... this is sarcastic remark in my post.)

cas0496 said:
It's all crap!! Even the names are lame. I can see (maybe) if your ten years old it might appeal to you but there is something that weirds me out when I picture grown men sitting in front of a television drooling over these lame as cartoons! LOL

Please cas do me a favor. Watch Street FIghter the animated movie. If you honestly can say that that movie is "crap" after watching it, then I would respect your comment, but please do not insult something you have very little knowledge about.

Anime is not meant to be funny, unlike the Simpsons or South Park. Anime plays with our imagination.

yes it is the stupidest crap ever!

and all who watch it are retarded ....its gay

Ask yourself this question....if The Matrix was remade into Anime, would you still call it crap?? The Washowski Brothers are huge anime fans. Are they retarded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom