Advice on Purchasing Computer - XPS 710 or what Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer is built. Need help getting it running.

Hello everyone. I have built the computer though all is not well.

After I finished building the computer I turned it on. Blue lights, fans, the DVD, and Hard drive came on except for the graphics card. The computer rang an eerie beep and I quickly shut it down.

I forgot to plug in the graphics card to the power supply so I turned it off, hooked it back up. No more beeping. Again, everything sounds like it is running. All the fans, including the graphics card, are working. The blue lights lining the case are working. The green light on the front of the DVD drive is on and I can hear the whir of the hard drive. Cool.

Also, my computer has no system speaker. Or the case doesn't, I don't know. I'm thinking the beeping before was actually from the graphics card. I checked all of the system panel connector cords and I don't have one plugged into the SPEAKER connector. I looked in the case manual to see if I had one and it didn't mention it.

The monitor is plugged into the DVI spot on the graphics card and the monitor receives no signal. The USB keyboard and mouse are plugged in but aren't powered in that they give off no lights.

I'm not sure what to do or what the problem is.

Here are some things I'm not sure of that I need some clarity on:

I have four DIMM sockets. DIMM A1 and A2 on Channel A while DIMM B1 and B2 are on Channel B. I connected the memory into A1 and B1 (both yellow) since I'm running a duo processor.

There are two 6 (2x3 ) slots and five 5 (1x5) slot on my power supply. Do they all give off the same amount of wattage or should I be plugging things in certain slots (ex: Like the harddrive in slot 1 and the optical drive in slot 4)?

Thanks in advance for helping me out. I'm gonna go mope around until this comp is running properly. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom