99.4% done downloading Vista 5536

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope its better than beta 2 which i heard it was supposed to be alot better. but I hope I have a better experience with it than beta 2 because the apps in beta 2 and the ones I installed (nero, ms office 2003, gmail notifier and windows live messenger) all seemed to crap out after a certain time. And it even managed to mess around with one of my completely seperate drives somehow and I lost alot of my files. Anyways I am probably going to order rc1 on dvd if it is available.

Well, I dunno about programs crapping out, but I can tell some of the stuff is unfinished, like a couple of the gadgets for instance, but other than that, it's pretty solid. I'm installing visual studio 2005 right now to see how much ram it uses up, test out all the .net stuff, etc.

Other than that, there are a bunch of new features, new items in the control panel, some programs are renamed/revised from XP, network connections / browsing is PERFECT in my opinion, it even recognized my wireless router and it shows up under network places... Too much to list..

Yep, found that out, compatibility issues... I guess it's going to be the same as upgrading from 2k to XP. Partition magic 6 doesn't like XP, along with a NUMBER of other programs. I think once vista is released it'll only be a couple months before everyone is caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom