iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they did! How could they not notice something as basic as this? Apple really blew this one off... Not to mention the wifi problem on iOS4 for iPhone 3GS...
Although Apple products are overpriced, in my opinion, they are known for making good quality products, don't have any complains of my ipod touch, and great customer support. This is surely not the case...

It is not just an iphone 4 problem. There is a problem in the phone design, but the majority of the problem is with the ios3 update. because now 3gs's with ios4 have the same signal lose ( i have tested it myself). They need to get on top of fixing that, and quickly. If only giving rubber bumbers to everyone.

I have heard that there might be a re-call on the iPhone 4. So I wonder how many people that were out there that desided to break contract just for an iPhone 4? That is really going to be a mess.

I have heard that there might be a re-call on the iPhone 4. So I wonder how many people that were out there that desided to break contract just for an iPhone 4? That is really going to be a mess.

Well, they sold 1.8million in just a few days. Not all units are faulty though, seems dodgey that none of the tech blogs review units have the problem.

Well, they sold 1.8million in just a few days. Not all units are faulty though, seems dodgey that none of the tech blogs review units have the problem.

???

From what I have heard every single one of the phones has the issue however the severity of it depends on how good the signal is in your area. Also I believe Anandtech had multiple phones that suffered from the issue.

Did anybody else find the conference very dodgy? I thought very low of the entire thing for several reasons...

1 - There is an obvious design flaw, and Apple said directly they had no plans to re-vamp it.
2 - Bumpers are simply a band aid. They are not a fix. At. All.
3 - Steve was extremely defensive over the iPhone, even stating that there was indeed no issue with its design whatsoever, which makes customers feel as if they are being called liars for seeing this issue at hand.

I feel as though, not necessarily a recall, but some sort of a repair method laid in place that gives hope to iPhone 4 users getting a fixed and working unit would have been the best bet. Sure, it would have cost them more up front, however it would have softened even me (the last thing from an Apple fanboy) to warm up to using Apple products in the future due to the supportive backing the company has. What they exhibited was the exact opposite, in my opinion. Sure, kudos to them for providing the bumpers, but I found their defensiveness and the way the conference played out to really hack away at the "generosity" of Apple with providing these bumpers.

Then again, the above idea would only be possible if they would re-vamp the hardware to not have this issue, something they do not intend to do because "there's no issue in the first place."

I'd like to see how the return rates of the iPhone 4 raise/drop (if at all) within the next 30 days to see if this press conference and their decision had any impact on customer's decision to keep the phone knowing the "best" fix they can get is simply... bumpers.

^well that and they said the formula they use to calculate the signal strength hes been wrong for all their phones. So when it says you have 5 bars of 3g u actually only have like 2-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom