• Trend Micro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bit Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tech-Forums Top Rated Antivirus

It works good. I put it on all of the PC's that I work on for virus problems, and we have it on all of the computers at work.

hmm interesting. No web shield, anti-rootkit, identity protection, firewall, anti-spam, or free support. Should i be worried and just stick with renewing Kaspersky Internet Security 2007 (will update to 2009 btw)?

I haven't had a problem with AVG free. If you're gonna pay for an AV, IMO get Nod32. I haven't had any trouble with Nod32 while I've been using it.

well what is ur recommendation? I'm fine going AVG free, btw. I dont think i will buy a new AV, just renew my license of Kaspersky. I like it a lot.

i would trust avg but for some reason i've been with nod32 for a long time and trust it a lot.
But as i said, i don't see anyone going wrong with avg

well what is ur recommendation? I'm fine going AVG free, btw. I dont think i will buy a new AV, just renew my license of Kaspersky. I like it a lot.
I just told you in my previous post...lol.

I haven't had a problem with AVG free. If you're gonna pay for an AV, IMO get Nod32. I haven't had any trouble with Nod32 while I've been using it.

AVG or Avast will work. I've used both and both are good. Otherwise, if you're gonna pay for an AV, get Nod32.

getting it now, thx. What about AVG Free? How does that work out as being 'free'?

There is a difference between AVG and the Tool i linked to. AVG is a prevention tool and will catch things after they download.

The Tool i linked to is not a prevention tool at all. IT is just a scanner to find things after you get infected.

You asked how to find something after you knew you got infected. Which is what i gave, you never asked about prevention. ;)

If you would have i would have told you AVG or Avast.

Does anybody here know how I can disable my AVG free 8.5 without de-installing it?
I tried de-activating it at the startup menu, but the only AVG thing I find in the startup list (msconfig) is the AVG tray, and I tried that, but it only disables it's tray icon.
I need to temporarily diable it in order to run combo fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom