Votes: 6 8.6%
  • McAfee

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Kaspersky

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
I see that Bitdefender came out on top as golden boy for 2014.
Here's a list of features in the free version
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Features - Bitdefender Forum

I have to ask myself, if this is so good then how come I'm not using it?

I'm wondering if the free version uses the same engine/definitions as the paid version, though. That's what I'm most concerned about.

I just use the built-in Windows Defender since I watch what I click. For my parents/clients though...I put a 3rd party AV on their systems.

I'm wondering if the free version uses the same engine/definitions as the paid version, though. That's what I'm most concerned about.

I just use the built-in Windows Defender since I watch what I click. For my parents/clients though...I put a 3rd party AV on their systems.
I take it that you did not read the link I posted.
I just started using Bitdefender free for a few client too, but it's a PIA to set up because you need to confirm the account with their email, and I can't be asking people to let me access their email accounts to confirm the set up

I just started using Bitdefender free for a few client too, but it's a PIA to set up because you need to confirm the account with their email, and I can't be asking people to let me access their email accounts to confirm the set up

Nope haven't read the link yet.

that's annoying.
That would've never worked at my store.

But since It's just about me and my pc now, I"ll test this out on my laptop and see how it performs.

I have been setting up Bitdefender and when the client picks up the pc, I have them create an account and verify the account by replying to their email

for home users?
We used to use that at Cargill
I think Symantec and McAfee are good for business use.

Yes for home use, un-managed. I like it, and I have it (for free courtesy of work). I just wanted to know if the free software solutions are just as good or better? Or if anyone has had negative experiences with it?

Hate it.

Had to work with it at 2 different places that I worked during college. The college I worked at used it, and I had to run CleanWipe (The SEP removal tool) so often...sometimes it wouldn't reinstall (would have a rollback issue and then a "Pending reboot" registry entry)...so ended up just installing a 3rd party AV for students.

Plus it's made by Symantec, who also makes Norton...so I don't like it :p.

Hate it.

Had to work with it at 2 different places that I worked during college. The college I worked at used it, and I had to run CleanWipe (The SEP removal tool) so often...sometimes it wouldn't reinstall (would have a rollback issue and then a "Pending reboot" registry entry)...so ended up just installing a 3rd party AV for students.

Plus it's made by Symantec, who also makes Norton...so I don't like it :p.

HAHA yeah I hate Norton so I guess there is my real answer haha

Back
Top Bottom