So, are we all going to die in 6 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S Being dumb is not coded on someone's DNA (except of genetic disorder), the US has more dumb people for some particular reasons : lack of proper education and high rate of people dropping out of school to work which would be more common before 60s, the US media which is crap and does not inform people as it should (US Tv is only for series :D) and because many people live kinda "on their own world" knowing nothing about what is happening out of their house and their job.

meh depends how you term the ability to be clever. are you talking about IQ as thats sets from birth or actual information stored...

meh depends how you term the ability to be clever. are you talking about IQ as thats sets from birth or actual information stored...

Well some specific parts of the IQ tests are about the actual information stored, that's why i get about 5% minus on American IQ tests because i don't really know american history :D However education helps somebody to develop their abilities. For instance there might be someone really intelligent but they wont be capable of using 100% of their intelligence due to lack of knowledge. Birth is also a term of being clever, if a 6 year old kid knows to solve equation they will be smart, if a 12 year old kid knows to solve equation they will be regular...

the US has more dumb people for some particular reasons : lack of proper education and high rate of people dropping out of school to work which would be more common before 60s, the US media which is crap and does not inform people as it should (US Tv is only for series :D) and because many people live kinda "on their own world" knowing nothing about what is happening out of their house and their job.

What the sheezy? We also have some of the smartest people in the world. Sounds like you don't really know what you're talking about.

Don't sweat it, guru. Most non-Americans perceive us to be rude and stupid. That's doesn't stop 'em from crying for help when it hits the fan, though.

I have met very few who think Americans are rude or stupid who have lived here. Sure, some parts of the country are less friendly than others, and we do have our share of idiots, but so does everyone else. It is a stereotype and nothing more.

Let 'em think what they will is all I can say. This country was carved from the rock by the hands of our ancestors, and that same blood still flows today. ;)

Yeah maybe you are right. Perhaps I get a different impression as I live in Oxford. It's a very international place and I wouldn't dare to say that any particular country had more ignorant people than any other as we get all sort of brilliant people from everywhere on the planet here.

Simple fact is there is rude an obnoxious people world wide the US is no exception to that, **** there is rude people in liverpool most of them happen to be under the age of 16.

P.S Being dumb is not coded on someone's DNA (except of genetic disorder), the US has more dumb people for some particular reasons : lack of proper education and high rate of people dropping out of school to work which would be more common before 60s, the US media which is crap and does not inform people as it should (US Tv is only for series :D) and because many people live kinda "on their own world" knowing nothing about what is happening out of their house and their job.

The fact that so many of the leading high tech companies like Intel, Microsoft, IBM, GE, Boeing, etc are based in the U.S should say something about the intelligence of Americans. Sure we have some stupid people but the same could be said about any country.

Also, not all U.S tv is terrible reality series. We have the Discovery Channel, Science Channel, History channel etc that all offer excellent information that is both interesting and educational.

What the sheezy? We also have some of the smartest people in the world.

Now don't tell me that they are a majority, they are not more than a million, they can't be, every country has smart, normal and dumb people. What i meant was that a bit more people than in other countries are or tend to be thought as dumb due to the insufficient US education system, the inproper media and the goverment.

Let 'em think what they will is all I can say. This country was carved from the rock by the hands of our ancestors, and that same blood still flows today. ;)

Except if you take into account the immigrants who are a big percentage, same happens here, about 10% of our population is immigrants...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom