left 4 dead anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice write up/response Gabb, but face it, no matter what anyone says people are always going to dislike/complain abut any game no matter how fun it is. I enjoy L4D for one major reason, it delivers what almost no other game has for me; true co-op. I love working together with other players in a game, and I cannot think of any other game that delivers on this front in hat you really HAVE to work together to survive. That alone makes this work my dollars.

Nice write up/response Gabb, but face it, no matter what anyone says people are always going to dislike/complain abut any game no matter how fun it is. I enjoy L4D for one major reason, it delivers what almost no other game has for me; true co-op. I love working together with other players in a game, and I cannot think of any other game that delivers on this front in hat you really HAVE to work together to survive. That alone makes this work my dollars.

Yeah I know what you mean...some people are just so stubborn with their beliefs and it's kind of bewildering just how ignorant those beliefs are at times ( judging the games worth based on screenshots are an example ). Heck I actually met 1 person who said Orange Box was one of the worst games of all time and you just had to play it to know...comments like that just make me slap my forehead in amazement...its not the actual opinion that amazes me, its just the lack of proper foundation that supports the opinion

Here's a simple solution: don't buy the game then when it costs 40-50. Wait until the price drops so you won't be paying the "premium"

problem with that is high profile games that sell well stay at full price for quite a while, heck Crysis and COD4 are still at 40 each and they are/coming close to a year old

Its interesting how prices vary depending where you live. Around me CoD4 is still $50, but Crysis is $30. It is true though, as long as a game is popular it will maintain its price. Personally I only allow myself to buy a few new at release games a year and pick up everything else when it gets cheaper or at a used games place (NOT GameStop). L4D was kind of an unexpected purchase, but since I know so many other people that also got it at release I have plenty of friends to play with.

I've seen COD4 and Crysis drop to 30 dollars after a store had a sale. Amazon is a lovely store.

yeah well theres always great deals around if you look for them, the greatest deal ever was probably Crysis Warhead for 23.99 or Orange box for 39.99.

Do you guys know if you can install this game on two computers? My brother wants it on his, I'm guessing the key code is good for just one install on a single computer.

Do you guys know if you can install this game on two computers? My brother wants it on his, I'm guessing the key code is good for just one install on a single computer.

he can play single player if he logs onto your account and then goes into offline mode, but yeah if you want 2 computers on steam at the same time, you need 2 different accounts with 2 different copies of the game

I'm pretty sure they nixed the demo to relieve pressure on the servers. The Source engine is old, but considering it was like 2 years ahead of it's time when it was released means it's not really outdated. L4D as it stands today is a great game...hands down. Worth $50?...maybe not. But in 6 months after updates and releases have been installed I'm sure I'll be pleased with spending $50 for the game (not that it really bothers me now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom