hay what's this?????? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2003, 08:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9
Question hay what's this??????

i just got a slk800a and it came with a small 3m pad, do i need to put it under the hsf and on the cpu??????????.thanks

newindy4130 is offline  
Old 08-24-2003, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,015

i think that 3m pad is the thermal pad..like what intel does. generally you'd put it on the HS first.

another option is get rid of that substandard thermal pad and get arctic silver 3 and apply a thin film on the HS.

devlish96 is offline  
Old 08-24-2003, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9

i can do......thanks
newindy4130 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.