1Gb or 2Gb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the deceived

In Runtime
I am just about to build a new PC (as some of you already know) and I am wondering whether to keep the 1Gb of G Skill RAM or go for a different company and buy 2Gb of RAM. I think the main contributing factor is that I am not going to be overclocking my PC.

So my main question is; will the G Skill 1Gb of RAM perform just the same as a 2Gb RAM (say from Corsair or Kingston) without overclocking it?

Since you have a powerful CPU< you might benefit from 2 gigs. Ull need it in games like BF2 and FEAR

He's not overclocking, the memory will be at the same stock speed, you can get other memory at the same timings, and that means same peformance.

It is nice to have 2 gig in some games like FEAR and BF2.

Their are only a few 1 gig sticks out their, OCZ and Crucial Ballistix are what comes to mind, and these sticks had tight timings too :)

So what your saying is, if I'm not overclocking I should go for 2Gb? And if so, I should go with either OCZ or Crucial Ballistix.

What if I chose a company like Kingston, or Corsair? Are they any different to OCZ or Crucial Ballistix?

Thanks very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom