LCD crackling then dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt2439

Baseband Member
Im working on a IBM T23 with LCD problems. The LCD will turn on reliably for the POST screen and then the backlight will shut off until you restart. The LCD always comes on during POST. I tried going into the BIOS to see if it would stay on but it only stays on a maximum of maybe 3 seconds. During those 3 seconds it makes a crackling/hissing/signal noise-ish sound and a few lines across the LCD flicker and then it cuts out.
I always have trouble diagnosing LCD problems, this one seems like it might be the inverter, but does anyone have more experience with this, or has had a similiar issue and found the fix?
The wires running from the inverter to the backlight (not the video cables) are a little beat up but I dont think they are the problem since it would most likely either not work or work after jiggling them around a little if they were damaged
Thanks for any responses.
- James

There's not much to take a picture of honestly. The post screen comes up and the whole screen flickers 4 or 5 times VERY quickly(way to quickly to capture via camera) and then the light fails. From that point on you can see everything but very dimly as the backlight is off. I appreciate the reply but a picture won't tell much of a story in this case. I've ordered a inverter as they are pretty cheap (~15) and I'll update this in the end in hopes of helping some other poor bloke figure out the cause of a crackling/hissing lcd panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom