Think your iPods high quality ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to get really involved, everyone knows what I think and where I stand.

I'll just say this, I think investing in Apple products is a bad investment and you are setting yourself up for a failure. This comes from someone who has 2 macs and 4 iPods and uses one of the macs on a daily basis. That is all.

Actually, i'd rather you tell me, especially about the Mac's. By PM if you wish - i don't want to blow £1500 for no reason.

Oreo take it from me don't waste your money, if you want a rock solid laptop buy a lenovo think pad.

I am OS agnostic but I value Unix like OS's more I would just say to oreo get a thinkpad an stick either PCBSD on there or straight FreeBSD.

The first time I booted up a machine to find Linux on it (can't remember which distro... one with a name that sounds like an animal...) anyways I was like "This is a funny looking set of windows GUI's" until I realized that it wasn't windows. It booted WAY to dang fast to be windows.

That machine had been donated by the engineering department of Duke University.

I am OS agnostic but I value Unix like OS's more I would just say to oreo get a thinkpad an stick either PCBSD on there or straight FreeBSD.

Thinkpad, now there is a rock solid pc. When IBM sold their pc division to Lenovo I was a little worried, but they have done a great job of continuing IBM's tradition of making pc's that are indestructible.

Thinkpads are well built and reliable as ****. I'll go as far as to say that Thinkpads are the toughest conventional laptops. Toughbooks and its kind beat it, but they cost $3k and are made to be bullet proof.

Yea I love thinkpads Lenovo REALLY did the brand justice and have continued to do so, my next laptop will be a thinkpad.

Toughbooks my god ever carried one? the weigh a ton an do more damage than a wrecking ball if or when it breaks the desk that isnt a laptop mon frair that is a portable strong box.

Toughbooks my god ever carried one? the weigh a ton an do more damage than a wrecking ball if or when it breaks the desk that isnt a laptop mon frair that is a portable strong box.

I was thinking about filling all the empty space with rebar and fiberglass and epoxy. Or maybe just unbuilding the chassis and putting it back together with "modified" pieces.

you could do that but it would weigh a lot and would be ugly. laptops are as light as they are because the techniques that go into making them are very advanced. Most cases are made out of molded plastic with metal only where it needs to be. In metal laptops they cut away as much as they can. You can't just glue pieces of acrylic together and get the same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom