Building a Computer Guide*Lots of Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
PZEROFGH said:
Just put it on and then turn it a little bit CW and CCW

Someone tell me what CW, CC, And CCW are?
i think your talkin about after you have applied thermal paste and areputting the CPU underload. but i duno

CW AND CCW mean clock wise and counter clockwise

he pretty much just means twist it around a bit in each direction and then secure it on the way you want.

Not a bad guide at all.

I usually do mine in the following order:

1. Install mobo

2. Install IO plate

3. Install CPU + Thermal Paste + Heatsink

4. Install the optical drives and harddrive - i like to leave a bay between each of my optical drives to keep temps down

5. Install video card

6. Install RAM

7. Install PSU and cables - i like doing this last to keep the tangle of cables down while i install other components

8. Power it on

The one thing im really obsessive over is putting the PSU in last - put it in too soon, I find it impossible to get my hands where I want them.

not a bad guide! I would have a PC like that but I dont have a computer desk and I have no money! fan controllers are nice though. the only thing I would have done different with the controller is buy one with a built in thermometer, automatic on/off (temp controlled), and I probly would have gone with liquid cooling. to each his own I spose. nice job

vaderpro said:
This ocz modstream has taken away all the wiring BS from other power supplies....gonna be swwweeet...!
Heh it is :D.

Install optical drives(dvd's+cd's).
Install psu.
Install cpu+hss on mobo
Install ram on mobo
Then install mobo in the case.
Then the hdd's.
Connect usb/pwr/hddled/audio and any other annoyingly small wire coming from your case.
Then the card of graphical pleasures.
Mobo 20/24 pin connector
IDE/SATA cables.
Power it all together.
Prepare yourself for a non starter. In this case your turn it on at the mains :grind:, make sure on the back of the psu the I is down as opposed to the O (little psu power switch).IMHO

This is a very good visual guide. There are a few more little details you could add to each step but other than that it looks good...a few questions: what ram is better, ocz titanium 2gb or the g.skill ram u have? what do u recommend for additional cooling?

the thermal paste on my cpu is the stock stuff that came with the heatsink.. so i've never applied it before..

so just a question: if you add too much, wouldn't it just leak on the sides then you could wipe it off as it comes off? or will there be 'too much' thermal paste b/w the cpu and heatsink?

It's not so important to have the CPU covered from corner to corner with thermal paste as it is to have an ultra thin layer of it right in the middle of the CPU because that is where all the heat is. Less is more, I used an amount a little bit smaller than a BB for my s754 Sempron 64 and let the heatsink's wieght spread it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom