best av?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what im using.. nod32, its working great so far(just picked it up yesterday), already stopped some viruses.

I use AVG free and Avast for my desktop.

But for my internet PC I use Norton. Many people dislike it due to it being a resource hog but it's effective.

Here go to this site,

http://www.virusbtn.com/index

Register and then go to the comparative section. They have periodic tests on various OS platforms.

Nod32 is the best AV program going by its passing rating. Norton comes next.

AVG and Avast are pretty poor but that is because most of its failures occurred early in the brand's life. I think AVG failed something like ten tests in a row in its beginning.

Anyways, get Nod32 or Norton and use that as ayour real-time AV and then complement that with a on-demand AV (like AVG or Avast - turn off real-time protection) and then you can also use a net AV like Panda.

The last time I got a virus was like two years ago and it forced me to reformat but I was using Norton 2002 with outdated definitions (about a year) and my gf at the time used kazaa. An Norton that is kept up to date has been great for me.

mikee said:
Hi

I was just wondering what you guys think is a good antivirus because I need something else that isn't avg because it lets in all kinds of viruses.

really! since when? I use AVG at home and have had no problems what so ever yet :D you could try Avast ;)

The new panda software titanium internet security 2006 is amazing. I love it. You can get a 30 day free trial to see if you like it as well.

It loads fast and it isn't a resource hog. I like it better than PC-Cillin, Norton, MacAfee, AVG, and Avast.

nod32 is the best. they have been the best for a few years.
Avg used to be good until they started charging people for it. now they seem to suck

apokalipse said:
I use Antivir
which is fast, and has a really high detection level.

yes!! someone who usings antivir too! i love it and its aweomse. and it wont slow your comp down, panda isnt good. i cuoldnt uninstall it after the 30 days and it would keep popping up and REGISTER and whatnot it was stupid

PZEROFGH said:
yes!! someone who usings antivir too! i love it and its aweomse. and it wont slow your comp down, panda isnt good. i cuoldnt uninstall it after the 30 days and it would keep popping up and REGISTER and whatnot it was stupid

Are you serious? It catches things the others didn't. Did you try the Platinum Internet Protection or the Titianium Anti-Virus? I have the Platinum Internet Protection (06), which means spyware and firewall and I love it. It loads fast. It only pops up for you to register like once a week. I plan on purchasing it once the time expires.

As for the question above, pretty much any modern anti-virus program will slow an old computer down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom