Wirless broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_PC

In Runtime
I finally got broadband last night and now i'm looking for a Broadband router i can use on the PC im using now, The PC which i will have built within a few months and i also need Wireless for my PSP.
Can anyone reccommend one?

Orinoco is one of the best companies but it is some expensive stuff. I would go with linksys 802.11G or Netgear 802.11G. If you do go with the Linksys router be careful because the default password and username for the console are both Admin so make sure you change it.

Can anyone suggest a specific one and provide a link, also i will probarbly connet the two PCs with wires and use the wireless for my PSP. MY ISP with wanadoo and i have a speedtouch 330 modem(uses a USB port).

Preferably under £30 (around $60)

Im having trouble finding one that will accept a USB modem, I have a bt voyager 205 spare(which can be used with ethernet) but i can seem to get it to work with wanadoo broadband. Any advice?

I have to "Dial" with my broadband service. will i require an "always on" connection, and if so is this just a case of getting a new modem or is it something to do with my ISP.
It says it is a PPP connection/server type. Does that mean the dial up?, if so will this wireless broadband router + modem work.
http://www-uk.linksys.com/servlet/S...940739&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper
on the data sheet it says it supports RFC1483, PPPoE and
PPPoA connections. But it also says it gives an "always on" connection.

At the bottom of the data page is says:
Note: EU, UK, FR, and SE versions of the product are NOT for use with Annex B (DSL over ISDN) connections.
But I connect using a ISDN channel - speedtouch USB ADSL PPP

Sorry for being such a pain but i have never really understood any of this ADSL modem/router stuff even though i spent over a year trying to get broadband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom