Direct connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still same thing happened :(

my.php

when you have the cable plugged into your computer , then plug into thr router, does an led come on and did you enable "show when connected " check box in your Network card properties ?

do you have your usb connected from the router to the pc ? if so disconnect the usb

read my post before this also

you should have a link/act led that will light green, solid when the cable is connected. are you connecting the other end of the network cable to a built in port or are you using their usb network card ( not to be confused with a usb cable running from the router to the notebook )

under my local ports on my router it was these lights on

Internet /WLAN:

Link
10/100

Local Ports:

Link, Full but 10/100 is orage and those lights are in the 2nd port.

WLAN:

Act
Link

Power

But alot of them flash on and off

network card properties are in control panel, right click your network connection, then propertis

that is whats wrong, the link / act light should be green

do you have a usb cable going from the router to your pc ?

do you still have your manual . i just DL the manual for your router ?

Is the link / act your saying the 10/100 thats mine is always orange. No i dont see any usb cables there just 2 ethernet cables in the router one to my comp and one from my modem. I checked in the properties under network connections it brought me to the Wireless network connection popup and it was checked. So how would i make the light green?

I'm not sure about the NIC light being green. Mine is orange, and apparently it's working because I'm typing this. Can you ping the router? The command would be "ping 192.168.0.1" in the black window we used before. Can you ping any of the other computers on the network? Can any of the computers on the network ping you? Use the "ipconfig" command to find your IP. Then use "ping <whatever your ip is>" from different computers on the network. Also please post the output you get from the command "ipconfig".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom