Quake Live, Ridiculous Queues

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rican

How is the game stupid ? they've polished the graphics, and the game works and is better than quake 3 - but it is still definitely the game it was originally. It's hardcore, lots of great players out there. This is a game for people with skill, not like CoD games and TF2 - i have nothing against them games, i play them infact, but it's just to easy to be good at them.

I never said anything about the game being stupid.

You can argue about cod not requiring skill but thats your personal opinion.

I just said this is a fail because so many people want to play a game that was released a good 10 years ago, so the queue lines are incredibly long.

I just said this is a fail because so many people want to play a game that was released a good 10 years ago, so the queue lines are incredibly long.

you said: "Because its 10 years old and so many people are trying to play it hence long queue lines hence fail. DOOM was amazing, doesnt mean im gonna wait forever to play it inside my browser. "

by stating that the game is old, you are giving other people the impression that your reasoning for the game not being worth it or "bad" is because its old. This reasoning is rather flawed, in that many old games continue to outdo the newer generation of games, of course not graphics wise, but the most important aspect of a game, fun factor followed by superior gameplay mechanics.

The whole quake series in general can be considered what started the whole FPS multiplayer craze because the engine allowed for better net coding and hitboxes which really pushed the gameplay levels far past DOOM.

Ah, fair enough.

CoD4 is an easy game...:p

edit:

I wish they would enable the stat tracking again, it's only recorded my first few games where i suck alot :mad: and now they've turned it off and im comeing 2nd and 1st quite alot !

whoa, I just tried Quake Live last night and i was very imperssed and only had to wait like 5 seconds in the que ( I was #5 ). All i gotta say is WOW, this is the very definition of very accessible good clean fun, my first few matches I got first place out of 30 people, so the competition definately isn't up there just yet ( even more so since I don't really have Quake 3 experience ). I'm amazed at just how well everything worked, my only complaints are:

1. the game should have a smarter autoswitch option, that only switches to weapons more powerful, I hated when it switched to GL just cause I accidently ran over it in a huge fire fight.

2. 1024 resolution limit is too low, they should at least support wide screen and offer 1680...but maybe this is asking for too much

3. They need to limit the FOV to at most 100, anything more then that gives other players huge advantages if they have dual monitor.

this game can virtually run on any computer! its incredible this project wasn't done before

I could always hook up my dreamcast and play Quake 3...I used to play it over dialup, and I tell you, lots of people still get on there too.

I could always hook up my dreamcast and play Quake 3...I used to play it over dialup, and I tell you, lots of people still get on there too.

yeah but a few things:

1. The audience wouldn't be as big

2. Console controls are utterly TERRIBLE for FPS games, especially fast paced ones like Quake. I would give you $100 if you can beat me at Quake with a console controller when Im using a mouse and keyboard ( frag limit at least 25 ).

3. Dial up is terrible and should never be used for any kind of multiplayer other then turn based games

2. 1024 resolution limit is too low, they should at least support wide screen and offer 1680...but maybe this is asking for too much

You can go full screen which offers 1680 and up.
As for the queue, it's ridiculously long at least in my case. Started at 15000 when first applying. Didn't wait for it and the next time I went to quake live I was at 5000. Every other time I try to play it I'm at 4000-5000. I'm not willing to wait half an hour just to play on a browser. It's not like I plan beforehand to play this game and prepare... I got to play it once though and the connection doesn't seem to be stable either. From time to time I had to reconnect or something which is rather annoying in such a fast game. But it's still a beta so these things might/probably get fixed.

whoa, I just tried Quake Live last night and i was very imperssed and only had to wait like 5 seconds in the que ( I was #5 ). All i gotta say is WOW, this is the very definition of very accessible good clean fun, my first few matches I got first place out of 30 people, so the competition definately isn't up there just yet ( even more so since I don't really have Quake 3 experience ). I'm amazed at just how well everything worked, my only complaints are:

1. the game should have a smarter autoswitch option, that only switches to weapons more powerful, I hated when it switched to GL just cause I accidently ran over it in a huge fire fight.

3. They need to limit the FOV to at most 100, anything more then that gives other players huge advantages if they have dual monitor.

this game can virtually run on any computer! its incredible this project wasn't done before

What !?

You must be insainly good. Because i would say there are some very good players, and i get my *** handed to me quite alot.

The skill ranking is a joke lol. You can rock one server and get pwned on the next. I thought I was good when I started, since my Q3 skillz are old or non-existent, but some servers will have some heavies.

Agreed. I do pr0 some servers, then the next i die every 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom