i think i know why i get lower fps in Crysis/Crysis Warhead after upgrading my CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: i think i know why i get lower fps in Crysis/Crysis Warhead after upgrading my CP

they go up to about 80c before beign permanently damaged and it needs to be a fairly long period of time.

anyone know what the temps have to be for the core 2 duos and quad cores to automatically shut down?

Re: i think i know why i get lower fps in Crysis/Crysis Warhead after upgrading my CP

anyone know what the temps have to be for the core 2 duos and quad cores to automatically shut down?
It depends on the setting in the BIOS (you can lower the shutdown temp), but max Tcase for the Q9xxx, Q8xxx series is 71*C.

See the following:
http://download.intel.com/design/processor/datashts/318726.pdf (page 79 of pdf)
Core i7 and Core 2 Temperature Guide

I couldn't find the specs for AMD Phenom II's, but my guess is it will be similar as they are both 45nm. The Deneb is 125w though so that might change the numbers slightly.

About 80C, Thermal Throttling will begin. The clock speeds will be kicked down in attempts to cool the cores.

Intel claims shutdown begins around 115C... <-That's pretty hot.

About 80C, Thermal Throttling will begin. The clock speeds will be kicked down in attempts to cool the cores.

Intel claims shutdown begins around 115C... <-That's pretty hot.

yea but at 115c it is instant damage where as at 80/90 c it could take upwards of half an hour to damage it. sometimes less yes but i have had my c2q 65nm at 80c before when oced to 4.0 on load and it not get damaged. intel burn test ran at abut 83c when running at 3.8 thing is i know i will never have the cpu running at the intensity intel burn test runs it at and it passed ibt so i keep it at 3.8 idle temps are down at 35/38.

Ok guys, enough temp talk seriously. Above 70c your asking for trouble. We get the idea.

Hey Wildside have you run IBT yet?

not yet but i remember the last time i used IBT. Months ago actually. From what i remember, all the tests said error. In a half a second, all i get is error. When i get home tonight i will try it again but i would guaranteed u that it will say the same thing. Idk remember what error exactly.

yea you where even getting the error reading on stock if i recal correctly no? i remember our msn convo.

on stock? I dont think i have dont that yet. Right now im at school. I can try again at stock when i get home.

If you are getting errors then that is why crysis is running slower. Either up the voltage to make it stable, or back off the oc a bit until it passes.

If you are getting errors then that is why crysis is running slower. Either up the voltage to make it stable, or back off the oc a bit until it passes.

back off the OC a bit? NEVER! My current voltage is i believe 1.54v. I can try hitting 1.6v but idk if i should do that. Perhaps if i got the Noctua NH-U12P, my temps can lower more n that will help me out a lot. Not the Core Contact, because from past benchmarks ive seen on Tweaktown, th Noctua NH-U12P kicks Core Contact in the rear, but doubles the cost of the Core Contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom