I feel cheated as a PC Gamer! Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonifide_C

Baseband Member
I just recently build my own gaming PC because I got tire of my Xbox 360 and PS3 and it ****ty graphics. I didn't like playing call of duty without using a mouse and keyboard, it just doesn't feel natural for me. The only types of games that I play on console nowadays are sports and driving game, but with the recent purchase of a Xbox 360 controller for the PC, both my 360 and PS3 will probably be put into a closet somewhere.

When now that I finally have a very sick PC setup, I found out that majority of PC exclusive games like Crysis is now coming to console, and cry engine 3 is also going be use for console. Ragdoll physics has already reach console and now this? What is the point of buying a $300 dollars graphic card and over 1000 dollars computer components when publisher and developer that use to be PC exclusive are now switching to console? The latest example was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, where the PC version suck worst than the console. Where there are no dedicated server, and 9 on 9 is the max number of player per maps. Even though everything is the same, console version does not get as much lag as PC, thus making Modern Warfare 2 unplayable. Then IW decided to charge $60 dollars for a game (another con of console games) and decided to lose the peak (Q and E) and completely ignoring PC gamer. We PC gamer is what made Call of Duty franchise the way it is.

Recently just went on gamespot to check out when the next Crysis 2 will come out and found out it will come to the PS3 and 360. I was shock and very displease with crytec. Crysis should always be a PC exclusive, which just now mean that Crysis won't look it best and my DX11 card is just a silly gimmick. Experience tell me that games that are made for an inferior platform show that the developer will not truly push the hardware of the best platform to it fullest potential.

So guys, please tell me, did we all just got CHEATED big time?

I only look forward now to Guild Wars 2 which my old Dell PC could probably play it at max anyway.

I'm disgusted with console, and I hope Microsoft and Sony file for bankruptcy.

Anyone else on here feel the same way?

Here are a few of the PC franchise that made it way to console.

Crysis, Call of Duty, Battlefield, and many more.

I too am pretty upset about it. My old dell xps quit playing games up to my standards a few years ago and not having the money to spring for a new computer I opted for a ps3. While I like the system overall the gaming could never be the same, you all know this. I recently took a piece of my tax money and last week got together a new build and Im worried it was in vain. Although I still have blizzard games to look forward if they release starcraft 2 and diablo 3 before I die.

Am I wrong in thinking that consoles such as the XBox and PS3 are better at playing games than gaming PC's? I am not a gamer but I thought that games consoles were much better for games cause they were built specificaly for games and the chips inside were much better, so is this not true? Also can you explain why a PC would be better at gaming than a games console and why you would choose to play games on a PC over a games console?

Am I wrong in thinking that consoles such as the XBox and PS3 are better at playing games than gaming PC's? I am not a gamer but I thought that games consoles were much better for games cause they were built specificaly for games and the chips inside were much better, so is this not true? Also can you explain why a PC would be better at gaming than a games console and

Consoles are better on release, but after about a year or so PCs are back in the lead, by a lot. Considering the Xbox 360 came out five years ago, it's REALLY far behind PCs.

why you would choose to play games on a PC over a games console?
Better graphics and physics (Battlefield: BC2 especially), better online capabilities (and usually free), dedicated servers, cheaper games, ability to play on multiple monitors, can play on higher resolution than consoles, don't usually have to have the disc in, games load faster, mouse+keyboard, and the usual benefits PCs have (like good browsing, IMs, flash games). And these are just the ones off the top of my head.

Not to say consoles don't have their advantages. Consoles are much simpler to setup and use, usually, they don't run into the same amount of problems that PCs do, the controls are easier for new players to learn, and probably many more reasons.

So basically when a new console comes out it will be better than a pc, but because you cant upgrade them they become outdated. Also because you can use your keyboard it means that you can either have more ways to control the game which makes it easier or better. And the graphics are better on a PC than on a console and you can play against other people without having to pay for a subscription.

The down side then is gaming PC's cost more, and they get viruses and other problems which a console doesn't.

Am I wrong in thinking that consoles such as the XBox and PS3 are better at playing games than gaming PC's? I am not a gamer but I thought that games consoles were much better for games cause they were built specificaly for games and the chips inside were much better, so is this not true? Also can you explain why a PC would be better at gaming than a games console and why you would choose to play games on a PC over a games console?

Myths.
Playstation 3's GPU is the equivalent of an Nvidia 7600 series card.
XBOX 360's GPU is the equivalent of an ATI X1600.

Today in history we are on Nvidia's Geforce 300-400 series cards.
(7xxx, 8xxx, 9xxx, Geforce 100, 200, 300, 400)

Today in history we are on ATI's 5XXX series cards.
(X1xxx, 2xxx, 3xxx, 4xxx, 5xxx)

Gaming consoles are behind graphics wise.

No matter what is said, it doesnt matter what you can prove hardware wise. the fact is this.

It is all personal preference!

End of story.

While the XBOX may only be comparable to and old ATi X1600, the games still look good on there in HD. Same for the PS3. Why? Because they are made to utilize what they have. With PC games you have to make it for the mass public in which you dont know what they will have to work with. So you create a game with a minimal and recommended in mind but you can never get it to be perfect cause not everyone will be able to afford the setup used to create the game.

I have played games on everything. From old consoles to a modern PC. It doesnt matter what you use, if you like what you are playing. I could care less about MW2 on the PC cause the version for my XBOX 360 is just fine for me. Batman Arkham Asylum is fantastic. It is all personal preference on what you want to play. It doesnt make a lick of difference the hardware inside if you enjoy the game you are playing and YOU think it looks good as is.

I can sit here and tell you that everything after the Atari 2600 is junk and in my opinion that would be right. Would i be wrong, sure you could argue that. But in no way could you force me to change my mind. It is my choice to think that. Just as it is everyone's choice to think that PC's are better than consoles or vice versa. Stop trying to make a personal opinion into a debate. It always ends up with everyone looking like a idiot trying to show how their opinion is right and the others opinion is wrong. No one's opinion is wrong. Cause it is an OPINION.

I do get what your saying Mak and that is that it is just down to opinion, but I was actually questioning the ability of either a PC or a console to play games.

So in theory a PC can have the most glittzy of games cause it can potentially have more sophistacated hardware that can produce more elaborate effects, but that doesn't mean the games will actually be any good (a bit like 3D film avatar imo). But in reality games on the PC never use the full potential of the hardware because they have to pander to the masses or the lowest common denominator. But with regards to this I thought that the games would detect your hardware and then depending on that would depend on how you seen the game or how the game played.

Just one more point though, why would you buy the most uptodate / powerfull / expensive video card if the games would never utilise it, apart from making your card last for the foreseable future, and do the graphics card companys makes the chips for the consoles?

I've never seen a console that had anything better than what my PC had, at the time. I've never seen a console with graphics that could compare to my PC. What a console does give you, is a larger selection of crappy games to choose from. Do I feel cheated? By what?

I do agree with the OP: I want to see more high end PC exclusives instead of shoddy ports to the PC or console. Valve is pretty much in the lead there: Their ports are always top notch :tongue:

You forgot the Command & Conquer franchise. That made it to console as well. In my opinion they did a pretty good job: graphics weren't up to the PC standard, but the controls were very nice for an RTS on a console. One of my favorite 360 games. Played it so much my disc eventually broke :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom