Half Life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear has much higher system requirements, and with a low spec system I think HL2 looks better.

HL2 is a good game, worth playing through to the end but its not particularly "Great" admittedly its a great engine and its a worthy sequel to HL and has many innovative features but its still not as good as HL. as I say, its a good game don't get your hopes up too much... good luck with the updating :)

hm, hl1 has a better atmosphere, it's creepier and carries a sort of a dark mood; hl2 is so...boring, repetative, not scary, and they removed so much of the good stuff from the first part :(

well i dont get it only took about 4 hours but how do i play half life 2 offline? and its kick *** game! better then F.E.A.R. in my opinion. but yea i dont get how to play offline.

HL2 have poor graphics compared to FEAR.

Half-Life 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
F.E.A.R. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Looking at the requirements, i couldn't imagine why. Apples to oranges, FEAR released a year after HL2, etc.

HL2 episode 1 was very boring game and it was worser than the original Hl2

First off, "worser?" Ouch. Second, sure, i will agree with you, the actual gameplay aspect of HL2/HL2E1 was boring and reused, but if you read up on the storyline, HL2 and E1 are both amazing games. That's where i get annoyed when people say HL1 was a "better" game than HL2, because they're talking about gameplay (most of the time), when the real differences show up in the storyline.

I really dont think FEAR is better than HL2... the gameplay is but IMO you cannont even compair the storylines.

Yes I'm serious.
The game is so repetitive, you keep fighting the same people every time during the game.

That has to be the funniest thing I have ever read on TF... you keep fighting the same people in half life????? I suppose fighting an army of cloned super soldiers is not considered repetive at at... really, in FEAR.. you keep fighting the same guy.. lol..

Fear was a good game and i did enjoy it... I play multiplayer all the time.. but I dont think the singleplayer was as well done as HL's singleplayer.

well i dont get it. it wont let me into steam on offline mode to paly HL2. anyone kno why it could be doing this?

HL2 has a great storyline, something that F.E.A.R. somewhat lacks. There was more diverse gameplay in HL2, i.e. different environments instead of the same office complexes over and over. F.E.A.R did a great job at the end when you destroy the facility and actually get to go OUTSIDE, I just wish that you could have seen more of it. On the other hand, F.E.A.R.'s effects are quite mind-blowing, I would just like people to always remember that:

Graphic Quality = Automatic Good Game

is FALSE. If we could actually get more games out these days that have a more solid storyline, we would have more classics like HL2.

i have a new probelm and kno one is helping me... cant accsese steam offline and therefore cant play HL2 offline although i kno it is possible... is anyone gunna help me?

Try the forums at steampowered.com because it's not that we're ignoring you, it's that we can't answer the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom