Best PC Games Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
Everything here is considered.... graphics, gameplay, replayability, multiplayer, single player, story, etc... this is all what makes a game truly worth your 50$ (some less), you've got to look at it from every angle. This, of course, is just my opinion but take my word for it you really can't go wrong with these games.

Top 5 Best Games Ever in Each Genre (In no order)

Role Playing Games
- Diablo II, Fallout 2, Morrowind, Dark Age of Camelot (MMORPG), World of Warcraft (MMORPG)

Honorable mentions:
Final Fanatasy 7 - Although I've never played it, a friend HIGHLY recommends this one and he has never been wrong about a really good game.

Diablo 1 - Great RPG but graphics and lack of real detail in the game make it fall short of the best I've played.

Dungeon Siege - Great Single Player and replayablity. Multiplayer is good BUT there just isn't enough variety in the game to make it truly "unique". Multiplayer is great if you can find a good friend to play with because unfortunatley most servers are plagued with bad cheats and it ruins the game very easily.

Neverwinter Nights - This almost took Morrowinds spot but due to Morrowinds vast lands, TONS of sub-quests, better graphics and different ways to play it just didn't cut it. Neverwinter Nights would have nearly made it from it's incredible moddablity, but thats really the only thing competiting besides the ok single player.

Guild Wars - I know for a fact ALOT of people play this game. Obviously, it's a well known one too. It's also the first free MMORPG (well sort of an MMORPG) with good graphics and gameplay. This, more than likely, would have replaced Morrowind if I had a chance to play it more than a few minutes... but since I didn't really get a chance to try it out i'll give it an honorable mention.

First Person Shooters - Half-Life (and mods), Half-Life 2 (and mods), America's Army, Operation Flashpoint and Expansion (and mods), Battlefield 2

Honorable mentions:
GTA: San Andreas (if you consider that a FPS) - I would have said that but I haven't played the game all the way through yet and not sure of the replay value, but so far is a very good game and it's well worth the money.

Doom 3 - Very good single player but you have to have a very nice PC to really enjoy it and make up for the horrible multiplayer and make it a great game.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Good game with good replayablity but graphics are dated and not exactly enough realism, still worth the money though.

Splinter Cell and Expansions - Great game but can get VERY old and takes a pretty good PC to truly enjoy the graphics. You also have to have a pretty good amount of patience to play the game.

Medal of Honor - The same old WWII theme is what brought this one down and just short of one of the best ever. Like Wolfenstein it had a good single player and multiplayer.... but replayability wasn't as good as the top 5 and overall single player and multiplayer just wasn't enough to bring it out of the hole.

FarCry - The graphics at its time were the best, and the clipping (viewing) distance is the furthest I know. There was so much flora (plants) as well, it made it seem so lush. Unfortunatley, the replayability isn't so good and is what ultimatley brought it down. Multiplayer isn't as good as you would think either... like it's missing something.

Real Time Strategy- Age of Empires 1, Age of Empires 2 and Expansion, Rome: Total War, Rise of Nations and Expansion
(even though that's four, you just cant go wrong with them, others really depend on the person, but if you like RTS's then you will like those)

You forgot Q2 with the orange smoothie instagib hook mod. That was the shizil!!!!!

What about Starcraft? It's still a pretty good RTS. Call of Duty is also still highly above average.

RPG:
1. Diablo series
2. WoW

FPS:
1. Half Life series
2. Quake series

RTS:
1. Starcraft
2. Age of empires series

Diablo II was released way after it was scheduled for... years actually. So when it did, the graphics were sort of dated even for its time. I know Starcraft was a great RTS, one I never really got into so I can't say much about that. I might put it in honorable mentions considering I knew people that played it and said it was great, but I won't go past there. Same thing for Quake, I was too much into Half-Life 1 and it's mods to really get into that. There's so many games out -right now- that sort of blow that game out of the water, I'm simply recommending games for people to play now from the games I know are great because there's always questions on these boards about what the best game is to get. Lets say, at its' time Quake 2 did rock, it was a great FPS but right now its extremely old and dated, if I were to play it the graphics would turn me off and I would probably go back to playing Half-Life or Half-Life 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom