good speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running

Daemon Poster
im wanting to get some new speakers some 5.1's just wondering what are the best speakers i could get for around 200 to 300 dollars?
i heard the logitech z-5500's are very good and i was wondering if its good to get that?

I have heard the same about the Z5500s.

I actually recommed a downgrade from those speakers. Perhaps you could consider the X-530s. I own this set of speakers, and can say that I am very impressed at the quality and cost of them. I bought mine locally for $80 CAD. Its a lot cheaper than what you are looking for, but perhaps that money could be better spent.

i have the older versions of the X-530. I think they r the Z-640's basically the X-530's are a upgraded version of mine since they discontinued the ones i have. well i would it be better to get a X-Fi sound card or should i get the speakers first and then the sound card or the other way around?

IMO, I don't see why any more than 3.1 or even 2.1 is needed. Five speakers and a subwoofer just seems to me like a lot of unneeded clutter and wasted money.

If you really wanted 5.1, I think it'd be just as well to get a 5.1 surround system with the reciever, and connect your computer to that. I did that with mine. You'd get a lot more uses out of it, and I doubt it cost much more, if at all.

the problem is that i dont know how to connect my computer to a receiver. but i wanted the Z-5500 because my friend has a set and i have heard it and they sound great. the also have a 5.1 decoder also and its THX certified so i can get better sound for my movies when i watch them on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom