The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ebta 8 is much more stable smooth running.

Beta 11 is out as of now (beta 9 and 10 were closed) but it has problems running
with multi-gpu, so i wont be using it. It took me a few hours to get them both to run, so i really don't want to mess with that again anyways.

The client doesnt officially support it though, so thats another reason why.

Where can i check for these updated builds? I looked on their forums but didnt find it. Either that or i am blind. I would guess the latter.

Cheers,
Mak

Ok downloading fahmon now thought that was a bit strange becuase as soon as i open the veiwer it is on ~6000 iter/sec and it quickly drops to 2500, much better now on 5057ppd

I always find the thread. But i can never seem to find the topics that have the updated builds. I always expect to see them at the top. Not in the middle or bottom. My bad.

I'm concerned about the speed of my folding. As stated in my last post, it's taken 3 days (now 4) to complete a 500 Frame WU. Should it be that slow or is there something I'm not doing?

The client I downloaded was from here - Folding@home - Download the Folding@home software application and it was the 5.03 Build.

Thats not the gpu client!!!

It clearly says thats the cpu client in plain english....

This is the Nvidia GPU2 client:
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/release/Folding@home-Win32-GPU-systray-612b11.msi

These are the necessary drivers:
Thank You

And you must uninstall your current display drivers as well.

Uninstall 5.03 and install the GPU client Rican gave you the link to. You might think about running the SMP client for your CPU also. That would add about 1500 PPD on a stock quad. Install it as a service and it will run in the background 24/7.
V5 Beta SMP Client 5.91. Once you get 5.91 installed and running for a few days, then upgrade it to 5.92.

Do some reading here. This will help you understand and configure you clients correctly. The GPU client is the simplest one to get running first. Let it run for a day to make sure there are no problems. Then install the SMP client. Here is a link for some more info and directions. WIKI

With those 2 programs running 24/7, you should make around 5000-7000 PPD depending on your PC setup. You may also want to install something like FaHMon. It allows you monitor the clients in one location. Do not use the display viewer on the GPU client. It is broken and slows things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom