Help cooling down my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KornNut

In Runtime
I clean my PC regularly and I have five fans. Yet, it still isn't cutting it. What are some simple/easy parts that I can install to cool down my PC.

I built it a year ago and the specs are below.

Please give any suggestions (good video card fans, etc) and any applicable links as well.

Thanks.

well sometimes 5 fans isin't to good, they can just be blowing the hot air around in the case...if they r setup properly then it should be ok but what r ur temps?

Heatsink - the one that came with the P4

Temperatures during regular use:

ROOM: 72 PC: 85
ROOM: 95 PC: 102

Temperatures watching video / burning DVD / video game:

ROOM: 72 PC: 96*
ROOM: 95 PC: 107*

(* = Intel system monitor temperature alarms go off. )

Oh ok, cool.

False alarm.

Intel system monitoring goes off at a pretty low temperature hugh?

Thanks for the extremely quick responses.

See if you can switch the alarm to something higher,Try setting it at about 60*c or so,Your cpu can handle temp's of 70*c or higher before it will burn out,So setting it at about 60 will give you a good warning to shutdown before anything happen's.

Now that I am actually at my home PC, I can tell you what temperature the upper threshold for the processor is.

The upper threshold for the processer: 68*C
other Systems Zones: 50*C.

At these settings the alarms go off.

Is this an issue?

I have a water-cooling system you can buy for cheap. It will cool your cpu and gpu.
I can run my 2.4 @ 3.2 and it never exceeds 38 degrees under load.

Let me know if you are interested, check my sig...

First of all, advertising is a big no-no in these forums.

Secondly, I dont even believe in the least bit that you were able to get your temperature of your PC that low or even overclock it that much with those parts in your site.

Third of all, I hate you advertisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom