New Radeon 9200SE freezes computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

belveder

In Runtime
G'day, I just bought a new system with Radeon 9200 SE on an ASUS A7V8X-X mobo running XP. There is a growing list of games that I used to be able to play on my old system that had an ASUS 7100 vid card that won't play on the Radeon.

I have the latest drivers, including the latest catalyst drivers.

Games load up then just freeze the whole computer and I have to manually reboot. Can't even load Serene Screen Saver 2.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

i am a ati video card user, and i have seen many weird video problems. first, unistall the video card on the device manager, dont restart. then go to the ati folder where the drivers are and delete it. then reinstall the new catalyst drivers. note that you will need the lastest direct x for teh catalyst driver. once the video card is reinstalled, check if the problem persist, then you ahve to check the bios settings for agp. if you have a 64 mb memory in the video card then configure the agp to 64 mb minimum aperture.
some thimes it s depend the game, and sometimes is any other driver that is messing up the game, so if the problem persist try to check all devices if they are working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom