turning old into new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you remove the old thermal paste from the cooler, clean the top of the CPU, and then apply a new layer of thermal paste? Or are you using the stock cooler that came with it?

Did you update your BIOS?

HiYa, I reused the original cooler after I cleaned it with alcohol and gently blew it out with air, used the new fan, and put a thin coat of thermal paste on top of the CPU before reinstalling the cooler. However I cannot update the BIOs. The update gives me 'there is a new version, update this first' and then that is all. I have tried to install the new BIOs by file and by internet with no joy. By file it gives me 'no allocated memory'. Any ideas? thanks

I think I got it up and running. Finally got the new bios installed with a cd. Then on boot up after update it re booted and I lost video and everything stopped.. Got it back by disconnecting monitor and re connecting. Have not had time to see the difference yet. Thanks to you for the help.

Yeah, it is a whole lot better. Faster, better graphics on game, surfing and all. What next on my upgrade? Again Thanks.

The next upgrade will all depend on what you want to do. If you want better graphics then a PSu and graphics card would be the order of business. more RAM would be nice but XP will only handle 3.5GB (including the RAM on your video card) so there's that ceiling. You could go with Windows7 64-bit and not have that to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom