Not open for further replies.

heyimbrendan

Solid State Member
Lets start out with the hardware then the problem

VGA XFX PVT73PYDJ3 7600GS 512MB
MB EPOX EP-MF570SLI NF570SLI AM2
CPU AMD|A64 X2 3800+ AM2 2x512K
MEM 1Gx2|G.SK F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ

However the big problem is just with the motherboard and the hard drive. As far as the MoBo, HD, and CD/DVD go (in order to install xp) (obviously memory, processor and vid card are also installed) The mobo SAYS it has two IDE drives, well from the factory it only comes with one WORKING ide, the other needs a driver. That'd be dandy, if i could get to that point. In order to install XP the HD and rom need to be on one IDE (hd as master, rom as slave) i boot from xp cd, and from there it's iffy. Sometimes i get through the file load, and HD format and at about 9% of file copying it'll lock up or restart. Othertimes it won't even get to the HD format. Something with the Rom as a slave isn't working, or something with them both on one IDE is causing problems. I'm no computer expert and i hope this is enough to get you by.

I'm wondering if returning the hard drive and getting an SATA hd would make all these woes disappear or if even that would be all for nothing.

thanks in advance...i have till friday for the 7 day mobo return, monday for the rest...

Make sure your HD is at the end of the IDE cable with the jumpers set at master, and your optical hooked up on the middle interface on the cable, and make sure your optical set to slave on the jumpers..

re-verify all of that.
also take a quick look in your BIOS and make sure everything looks right.

But...... If you have a chance to take the IDE HD back..... Take it back and get SATA. At least your IDE channel will be free for more optical drives when you do that.

Maybe a dumb question but you tried installing with just one hd connected right? Then just mess with the settings later.
And I agree you ight swap the one ide disk for a sata.

everything checked out as being hooked up correctly same problem. i do have only one hd hooked up just to clarify. got a nice blue screen a few percent through the install: aproblem has been detected .... technical info stop: 0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, then two more all zeros. hope that helps

well i grabbed a SATA hard drive and once again got through the format stage, but upon copying files for xp i got the stop error memory_management (0x0000001A). Nothing will let me install windows! WHY!??

aight, try using only one stick of ram because one of them might be defective, i had a similar problem with a build back in the summer, and remember to test both sticks

Yep, that's a memory error. Download and use Memtest 86 to check your ram. Try installing with just one stick also.

If the ram tests okay it's also possible your ram is incompatible.

well here is the deal. I took out a stick of ram and everything loaded fine. I believe the deal with this mobo is that only one slot of everything will work until you load the drivers. One ide, one for ram, on sata one pci...one usb...everything. Because now everything is working. Thanks for everything guys and\or gals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom