Boosting wireless singnal

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
I have a D-link DI-524 and a cheap *** Trendnet TEW-423PI wireless card. Basically my problem is the internet lags sometimes. I'm on high speed 5.1mbps and hard wired it doesn't lag at all. Is there any setting for this card to possibly boost the signal strenght or keep it constant? The card jumps from strenght to strength. Once day the signal will be "good" and another day it will be "very poor". I'm kind of in a rut. I've tried TCPI/IP optimizer but it hasn't done much and I don't want to spend money on an access point.

Thanks.

go to device manager and go to the properties for your wireless card. there will be some power management settings or similar, change them so that your card uses maximum power - it'll run your battery out faster if you are using a laptop but it'll mean you get better connectivity on your network. there were a couple of other settings worth changing but i cant remember them offhand.

I did have an email from someone pretty knowledgeable with all the tweaks on it, however i dont seem to be able to find it. The only ones i can recall are changing the power management and there was also a roaming aggressiveness option - both of which i set up at the maximum value.

If i find the others i'll let you know. i think they were also from within device manager but none of the other options within my devie manager are ringing any bells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom