YouTube Video Downloader/Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Does anyone know of a good program that will download youtube videos and convert them from .flv to MP3 or WMV ? I have found some but they either dont work, or only convert them at very low quality (64kbps video and 22kbps music). Best i can find is Quivic, but the quality difference is still noteable when playing through winamp :(

Cheers

I've been looking for something similar, but it's actually to rip a flash file from Newgrounds into the original .swf format. I have some flashes there that I don't want up anymore, but I want to preserve them.

Also KMAN, if you want absolute best quality, a very simple, but tedious way to have something recorded off of YouTube (or any streaming video for that matter) is the video screen capturing in VirtualDub (it's a free software). When you do the capture, you set the capture resolution to that of the video and your drag the video within the capture space and have it recorded with no performance or quality loss whatsoever (depending on what compression you use) and it records off of Windows audio (just be sure not to make any other noises, like from MSN pop-ups or folder clicking, etc..) Then use the cropping tool to take out all the other stuff (the browser and your desktop, for example)

Cheers revenge that seemed to work, although if i try to get it to convert above 128kb/s audio bitrate it just says done instantly and the file size is 0kb, so it doesnt do anything. Any ideas why ?

Replay AV. It's not free but it WORKS. You can capture streaming audio, video, etc. (Even some pay-per-view without paying)Even capture video that you have saved on your PC and convert it to a different format. I can't tell any loss of quality either.

Cheers revenge that seemed to work, although if i try to get it to convert above 128kb/s audio bitrate it just says done instantly and the file size is 0kb, so it doesnt do anything. Any ideas why ?

hmmm..im not sure why, it should work on almost anything. try one of these then,
Free Flv to AVI Converter - convert batches of flv to avi video files, flv video converter.
Download Free FLV Converter 1.6 - Search and download movies from YouTube and DailyMotion for Free! - Softpedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom