your favorite Microsoft OS and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber.Logan

Baseband Member
mine is Windows 98 SE

i love it because it was so easy to operate (being old school) and install stuff

but whats yours?

btw can Win98 still handle dx-10 games?

i have also heard that Win 2000 is also by far the best OS released by Microsoft that has the best memory management.

so ????

whats your take ? and list your reasons too.

mssssee2

Graphic Designer
Well, Vista, because bugs (which will soon be recovered, at least most of them) hasn't delayed or stopped my certain operations and has a lot to provide.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
Windows XP, because it's got a good combination of speed, stability (as long as it's tweaked and maintained right, and you don't accumulate spyware/malware), and compatibility.

Plus, I'm familiar with it, so I can tweak it very well.

btw can Win98 still handle dx-10 games?
No, not even XP will support DirectX 10

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
So far, XP. Don't have much experience with Vista. Before XP I used 98SE for a long time, and 2000 for some time.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I'm with XP. It's the easiest I've worked with so far. I had Windows ME on one of my older computers, and it just kept freezing, and getting viruses. Never tried '98, although I heard it was a really good one. '95 was ok for me when I was starting.

Pamela22

Solid State Member
I too go for XP cause till now its working fine and did not face any problem with it.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
I use XP more than anything, but I prefer 2K. 2K is faster and smoother than XP to me. Less clutter. Plus I have never had 2K freeze on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom