Windows xp screen size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry534

Beta member
New to Forum, hope I'm doing this right. I can't get my web pages to open in full screen. I tried dragging the sceen but when I open again it goes back to small screen? Windows xp, Service pac 3. Thanks, Henry

Open the browser. Hit F11, twice. Close browser and see if that makes it stay.

Thanks Mak, That worked for the web site I was using, but when I close that window and open a diferent one it goes back to small screen?

Do you have the browser maximized to begin with or have it set to open with a minimized window? If you have it set to open with a minimized window and not a maximized window that would be why. It will open to that specific size and location upon restart. The only way that this can be avoided is to get the screen where you want and the size you want then do the trick stated above. It should force the window to open up that way every time. If not you can try using something like ShellFolderFix to force it to open to the desired location.

Be warned that once you start using ShellFolderFix that it affects every window that gets opened. So you could have your windows jumping around when you open different folders. Just know that this is normal behavior till you get all your preferences setup the way you want to have the windows open where you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom