Windows Shutdown Sound - Plays Randomly... true story...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayce said:
It was a black screen with rather big white letters, much like what DOS looks like.
that would be the recovery console.

to do a repair-install of XP, you need to press enter at the first screen, then press F8 at the next, and after it says "searching for previous versions of Microsoft Windows"
press R

but you need to have an XP Home disk for home edition, or an XP Pro disk for Proffessional edition

My old laptop used to play that music when the power saver kicked it down. If I lifted the top again, the screen would come back up in a sec or two. Then I'd leave it idle, about 10 minutes later and the power saver did it again.

I don't know if that's what is happening, but you might want to check your power settings.

Dave :D

apokalipse said:
that would be the recovery console.

to do a repair-install of XP, you need to press enter at the first screen, then press F8 at the next, and after it says "searching for previous versions of Microsoft Windows"
press R

but you need to have an XP Home disk for home edition, or an XP Pro disk for Proffessional edition

I went through all of that, and eventually it came to the screen where it said 60-90 minutes remaining of installation.

That freaked me out because my gf CANNOT lose any files on her laptop and I thought I was overwriting windows, so I quickly exited out...

Jayce said:
I went through all of that, and eventually it came to the screen where it said 60-90 minutes remaining of installation.

That freaked me out because my gf CANNOT lose any files on her laptop and I thought I was overwriting windows, so I quickly exited out...

Hey, Jayce! Did you get your problem fixed?

Nope! Certainly didn't. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom