Windows Sever Problem... Disk Read Error

compukid7

Beta member
Hello! (Its supposed to be Server Problem, sorry...)
Sorry if this is in the wrong part, its my first post :p
Anyway.
I have a Windows Server, dont know what year, that will not boot up.
>I boot up the server
>Intel logo comes up, with ONLY 'Press F2 for setup' no boot menu or anything.
>Black screen
>'Disk read error, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to restart'

It has four 74GB SCSI hard drives, and a PHOENIX 2000 BIOS.

It also has a Intel Inside XEON processor.

What are your thought's?

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, also,
>When the Intel Screen comes up, it says Intel Server Board, designed for the Intel Xeon processor.
>Once this screen comes up, the processor makes this 'beep... beep beep beep' noise.

Well have you tried the most simpliest things first? Like use any Windows disk to do a check disk on the drive to make sure that it is operational. Have you tried replacing the drive and installing a different version of Windows Server on it?

Thanks for the reply!

I cannot boot the windows disk, so I cant do a check disk. I have only one other SCSI drive, which is blank. I will install something like server or XP on it and let you know when i'm done.

Why can't you boot the Windows disk? You can boot a Windows disk with no hard drive present. You just have to check the BIOS to make sure that it is setup to boot from Optical Drive before Hard Drive.

Check BIOS make sure that the hard drive is actually being recognized by the BIOS (if not you have a bad hard drive, cable or MB).

What flavor of server are you using?

If the drive is being recognized then insert the Server CD and load with that. You have repair options just like in Windows 7 that will allow you to do various repair things like fixing MBR and running the command line to run various repairs.

Back
Top Bottom