windows ce. USB help

Status
Not open for further replies.

always a newbie

Solid State Member
Hello,
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, it's a software/ hardware question. I just got a wyse thinclient to mess around with, it's got windows ce 5.
I am trying to get it to read a memory stick. The stick lights up so it's not the port. I changed all the securities to allow USB usage. It does not auto install, I can't find away to run any drive(no drives at all). The only program on the computer is internet explorer.
I am at a loss here. Any ideas? Would a Linux puppy install help? I know the thinclient has only a couple mb's of internal flash but thought I could have a cool little computer for Internet surfing(some YouTube) and word if I stuck a 16gb stick in the back USB.
Thanks for the help
Scott

You can always boot into a live distro of Linux, and try to access the memory stick that way, but that will only tell you if the stick is good or not, I don't know if you can install a usb in ce 5, I don't know enough about it.

Thanks, I am going to try some stuff I found in the windows ce website. If that does not I am going to try your Linux idea, that should do what I want. I know its an odd one, Thanks for the help
Thanks
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom