Windows 7 Bluetooth in Notification Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griggs2121

Baseband Member
I accidentally deleted my bluetooth icon in what I believe is my notifications area. In the lower right hand corner of my screen near my clock there is a little arrow pointing up. I could click on that and it would bring up my bluetooth devices.

I use this a lot because Windows 7 still has a hard time install my apple bluetooth keyboard so I need to manually do it every time.

THX

Go to your Start button and search for "Bluetooth Settings".. then, in there, click "Bluetooth" -> "Options"
It has a setting for the tray icon

(If we're using the same bit of software... that's how I turn mine on / off)

Hope this helps :tongue:

Go to your Control Panel to your Hardware and Sound section. At the bottom should be a Bluetooth Setting button under the "Bluetooth Devices" header.

On the first "Options" tab there, it'll have a "Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area" check box.

I'm pretty sure this is the default Windows one, not Toshiba program. The first one was the Toshiba program, sorry :tongue:

I really appreciate the help, but this is so strange. I don't have a "Bluetooth Devices" header and don't have a Bluetooth Settings button. This is one thing about Windows... How can there be different versions of this... Its Windows 7....

I installed third party drivers for added functionality (mass picture transferring :tongue:)

Are you sure it's still installed? Check in your Device Manager. Refresh and check for updates for drivers if it's there.

Ok I found it. I typed "Bluetooth Settings" in the search bar. There was no "options" or "Bluetooth" tab, just a check box for notification area.

THX everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom