Win32.Sirefef.N, 0Access, Please help.

2WhiteRose2

Beta member
Hello, I'm going to explain the story since Oct. 14. for me.

I use Windows 7 Home Premium x64. And have Windows 8 Consumer Preview on a separate partition.

I was on YouTube watching a video while on Skype with my friend.
Suddenly the FBI MoneyPack virus popped up, After dealing with that when I started my computer I couldn't do anything, use the start menu, the task manager, anything.

Booting into Windows 8 I cleared out what I could and scanned my windows 7 drive with Avast and MBAM, Revealing that C:\Users\System32\Services.exe was infected with Win32.Sirefef.N on Avast! and MBAM says it's infected with 0Access.
The file cannot be cleaned or removed, I do NOT have a windows 7 boot disk.

I've been without a functioning computer since the 14th, I REALLY need help.
I've tried posting on a different forum with no reply, Please help.

Please.

Thank you.
*EDIT* Sorry about that, It turns out I had typed C:\Windows\System32, but accidentally left out services.exe. and missed it while proofreading, sorry.

Last edited:
Thanks :/ Looks like I'm out of any usable computer for a good month :L
Thanks for the help though. I'll come back when I get a disk or need other help.

-Ryan

Hello, I'm going to explain the story since Oct. 14. for me.

I use Windows 7 Home Premium x64. And have Windows 8 Consumer Preview on a separate partition.

I was on YouTube watching a video while on Skype with my friend.
Suddenly the FBI MoneyPack virus popped up, After dealing with that when I started my computer I couldn't do anything, use the start menu, the task manager, anything.

Booting into Windows 8 I cleared out what I could and scanned my windows 7 drive with Avast and MBAM, Revealing that C:\Users\System32\Services.exe was infected with Win32.Sirefef.N on Avast! and MBAM says it's infected with 0Access.
The file cannot be cleaned or removed, I do NOT have a windows 7 boot disk.

I've been without a functioning computer since the 14th, I REALLY need help.
I've tried posting on a different forum with no reply, Please help.

Please.

Thank you.
*EDIT* Sorry about that, It turns out I had typed C:\Windows\System32, but accidentally left out services.exe. and missed it while proofreading, sorry.

Run "Microsoft Security Essentials" and it will remove win32.sirefef.N, and there is another file called sirefef.A that is hidden.

Back
Top Bottom