Will there ever be classics again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And FarCry is NOT a classic, I don't know ANYONE who plays it, yet I know lots of people who play REAL classics like Wolf:ET and UT2k4.

I reckon ET:QW will be a classic, but I think no one's going to end up playing UT2k7, because it will just be uber graphics and thats it.

Usually games with uber good graphics don't become classics, much like Doom 3 MP, no one plays it. Sure, it's kinda fun, but I'd rather play Quake 3. Same with Quake 4, I poo on Quake 4 MP, but the single player rocks.

I want good gameplay before graphics. I don't want the whole game to be a fight for the controls, I want to point a gun and shoot someone exactly where the crosshair is, none of that "realistic" inaccuracy crap. I want to strafe jump and gamma jump across the map. I don't want it to be like BF2 where you can't even strafe while running ... what kind of crap is that? It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, what fun is it with stupid restrictions like that?

And lastly, I want to be able to play my "PC CD-ROM" game on my PC. No matter what OS I use, it is still a PC. Hey, cool, Doom 3, Quake 3 and 4, WolfET, UT2k4, ET:QW, UT2k7, they all work on my PC. Without Windows.

/rant

They both are... Wolf:ET more so. Go play RTCW, the only server with anybody in it is Happy Penguin Classic. Sure, it's a great server, but you must see my point.

If we were voting on best multiplayer map ever, definitely mp_depot.

The General said:
They both are... Wolf:ET more so. Go play RTCW, the only server with anybody in it is Happy Penguin Classic. Sure, it's a great server, but you must see my point.

If we were voting on best multiplayer map ever, definitely mp_depot.

ET is based on RTCW. Maybe we should throw them in the same box. RTCW & ET are both classics if you put it that way.
They are both pretty much the same game, just different "flavours". For single-player, get RTCW, for multi-player, get ET.

TheMajor said:
ET is based on RTCW. Maybe we should throw them in the same box. RTCW & ET are both classics if you put it that way.
They are both pretty much the same game, just different "flavours". For single-player, get RTCW, for multi-player, get ET.

Then you can throw those two in with Quake 3. And Prey and a Quake 4 in with Doom 3. And America's Army in with UT2k4.

Nah, ET and RTCW a two different games. The game play is way different... I dunno how to explain it but yeah.

baronvongogo said:
RTCW just didn't suck me in yet the multiplayer which was released for free is very enjoyable far more so than the singleplayer, although thats just my view on it :)

RTCW multiplayer and Wolf:ET are not the same thing. RTCW has multiplayer and single player. Wolf:ET is just multiplayer.

baronvongogo said:
RTCW just didn't suck me in yet the multiplayer which was released for free is very enjoyable far more so than the singleplayer, although thats just my view on it :)

I recently played RTCW single-player on the hardest level. I was just 1 level before Heinrich, but had to format my computer and forgot to backup the save games.

The General said:
Then you can throw those two in with Quake 3. And Prey and a Quake 4 in with Doom 3. And America's Army in with UT2k4.

Nah, ET and RTCW a two different games. The game play is way different... I dunno how to explain it but yeah.

RTCW multiplayer and Wolf:ET are not the same thing. RTCW has multiplayer and single player. Wolf:ET is just multiplayer.

There are some game play differences. ET "feels" differently. RTCW is faster (fast-paced). The sounds are different. There are many small differences, but they are esentially the same game.

You can not compare RTCW or ET to Quake - like games (Tribes, UT, Halo, ...). They are targetting a different audience. In my opinion, they are mindless shooters. Although some of these type games had good single-player editions (eg. Unreal II, which didn't come with MP).

The closest you could compare RTCW and ET to are probably CoD, MoH, BF and DoD.

I'm gonna play some ET now :p IP: 8.2.120.143

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom