Who's good with power tool parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
So I was cutting a piece of galvonized with a craftsman sawzall and the blade got stuck and completely demolished the... whatever holds the blade to the... the thing that moves back and forth... yeah..?

The guy at the local hardware store thought it was called a blade arbor, but they don't carry craftsman parts so I was out of luck there.

Does anybody happen to know if there's a newegg for power tool parts?

http://www.virginia.edu/art/studio/safety/sculpture/wstools/sawzalltool.jpg

It's the square thing within the sawzall blade area that holds the allen bolt. You loosen/tighten the allen bolt to remove the blade.

Yeah, I realized that after I talked with the guy. I just wasn't sure if that was a typical part I could find on the shelf or what. Anybody at least know the name? Is it an Arbor?

You know, I have used a sawzill a jillion times, and I couldnt tell ya what that is called, but a blade arbor sounds like a good name. Whether that is the actual name for it or not, I dont know.

Like for example, when using hole saws, the part that holds the hole saw is called an arbor, so using that analogy, I assume that its a blade arbor for a sawzall.

That is not a typical part. Cause it is controlled by the motor which would require a total disassemble of the tool to get it fixed. Sears and Craftsman are very harsh about people doing that. They would rather give you a replacement.

Since Craftsman has a lifetime warranty on all its tools. Should be able to just get a new one...unless this tool isnt covered

I think it's called the reciprocating arm, could be wrong though.

As mak said it's not just like you can go out an pick one up it has to be for that model and that fitting etc.

Since Craftsman has a lifetime warranty on all its tools. Should be able to just get a new one...unless this tool isnt covered

No, it's only a lifetime warranty for hand tools, like wrenches and stuff.

At least, AFAIK.

No, it's only a lifetime warranty for hand tools, like wrenches and stuff.

At least, AFAIK.

Your right. Just checked and found this:

Notable exclusions are bench tools, battery operated and electric tools, as well as precision measuring tools.

So it would be excluded.

I would think that Saxon is right on the reciprocating arm. Cause you said it is the pice that goes back and forth which that part does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom