Which gaming community is the most dead?

Which gaming community is the most "dead"

• Crysis Wars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FarCry 2

• Quake 4

• UT 3

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I would think number 1 would be the thing that would draw players from previous UT games. Why do you think it was focused more on consoles than PC's?

I think number 6 was the biggest reason for it not doing so hot. Just look at all of the games it had to compete against when it was released at the end of 2007.

just look at the interface, many reviewers also commented on how dumbed down the interface is, just like what console players love. Yeah number 6 is a biggie, COD4s multiplayer is superb, it makes Crysis and Farcry 2 look like their in the alpha stages in comparison.

UT3 was just weird...the game was breathtakingly awesome gameplay wise and graphically. I cannot think of 1 thing I can complain about, but I really haven't played it enough. It was probably my favorite since UT99.

Most underappreciated game in a good long while.

People seem to be moving towards more realistic FPS like Battlefield or CS. THe constant complaint that i had from one of my house mates was that he never liked the UT series as he was too used to CS where most of the time it was one hit one kill.
Plus there is the weapons where you really need to know what you are doing with them. Like you do not go around chasing people with the Biorifle. Same goes with the flakk cannon in tight spaces.
Like new players are seem to get rather annoyied with some of these weapons. Like the Biorifle is a defensive fire arm. You use it when you are trying to get away from some one. Like I remember dying the first time with a Biorifle in the orginal unreal. Lost count the number of times I have killed myself with a razorjack.

The problem with UT is that your really need to know which weapon you need to use in which situations. Where most games seems to run on the lines of that the next gun is better and better, UT and Unreal as moved away from that idea.

Personally i like UT series. However I have found that most FPS players rather have some thing more realistic.

People seem to be moving towards more realistic FPS like Battlefield or CS. THe constant complaint that i had from one of my house mates was that he never liked the UT series as he was too used to CS where most of the time it was one hit one kill.
Plus there is the weapons where you really need to know what you are doing with them. Like you do not go around chasing people with the Biorifle. Same goes with the flakk cannon in tight spaces.
Like new players are seem to get rather annoyied with some of these weapons. Like the Biorifle is a defensive fire arm. You use it when you are trying to get away from some one. Like I remember dying the first time with a Biorifle in the orginal unreal. Lost count the number of times I have killed myself with a razorjack.

The problem with UT is that your really need to know which weapon you need to use in which situations. Where most games seems to run on the lines of that the next gun is better and better, UT and Unreal as moved away from that idea.

Personally i like UT series. However I have found that most FPS players rather have some thing more realistic.

ill sum up your paragraph with a single line "people are too stupid to take the 5 minutes to learn how each weapon works in a simple game like UT" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom