What's up with KRK V8 speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea... a lot of pro audio components have those jacks. My monitors have them too... they are weird and dont look like it works, but it does. It accepts either an XLR or a 1/4" (which goes into the center).

Weird eh? Its works well though... really handy.

Ok where s that page 3? I couldn't find it

I bought an XLR connector. I make pin 1 and 3 ground in an unbalance setup assuming that 2 is hot, right?

I got that problem solved. the guy gave it to me because the tweeter wouldn't work because the hf switch on the back is broke. I took it apart and disassemble the amp and I desolder the switch out of it. I then ran 6 wires to the empty soldered spots and ran them through the hole where the switch was.

now I just touch certain wire out of the back to achieve whatever hf level that I want. I will stop by radio shack, partsexpress or this other electronic store and pick up a new switch and mount it outside the box, since I 'm going to be using it at home and it won't have to look cosmetic.

it has more detail than my m-audio's. have you ever heard of these speaker (or heard them), crysalis?

I bought an XLR connector. I make pin 1 and 3 ground in an unbalance setup assuming that 2 is hot, right?

Its just a picture of how the jack looks.

have you ever heard of these speaker (or heard them), crysalis?

yes... they are a well-known lower end monitor. I ALWAYS see them bundled with things like packages (mixer, 2 mics, cables, and the monitors, etc).

They are OK in my opinion. I think they are lacking in the lows and they aren't very flat. I haven't see a response chart for them, but from what I have heard of them, they aren't very flat (which is what I look for). You are right... they are very clear (which is how my monitors are... very clear, but lacking in lows AT TIMES).

They aren't anything to give up your m-audios for if thats a bottom line to give you.

I was going to use the monitor for my wife computer upstairs (and take her Boston acoustics speakers and give them to my kids), so I need to wire it for an unbalance setup. I would configured the wire for balance if I was going to keep it down here

the midbass sounds better than my m-audio, but the m-audio tweeters sounder better. they are softer and more detailed whereas the krk highs have a little harshness to them. I'm thinking about putting one of my infinity ribbon tweeter in it.

I have a subwoofer for the bass so that's a non issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom