What's the worse that could happen? Seriously..

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Ok, about a month ago I decide not to go to prom because my g/f was a year younger than the allowed age, so we decide to go to the movies, right beside the convention center that prom was held at. Well, I leave the movies around 10:30 just when all the ricers came in, they slid all over the parking lot because of the cheap sealant they used on the black top, and the back of the parking lot where Ben Ali drive is located was flooded, that is the road people use to get in and out of the lot. Well I parked back there, and I of course have bald tires, I had issues driving that entire day and knew I would have issues backing out and leaving, well I start the car and don't even give it gas and my left tire has already lost traction because the lot is soaked in rain water and oils. Well I sit there and it starts to get bad, I finaly get going down ben ali drive and I can't stop, each time I would step on the brake my car would slide around, the back end would go towards my left, so I couldn't stop at the stop sign, and I decide to give it gas to beat a rather large truck, I guess he figured I was having issues keeping my car under control. Here is the funny thing, I decide NOT to run the yellow light and stop at it where the road was dry so I did have traction instead of going into another cheap parking lot across the street. Well a few seconds later I hear sirens and a cop around 1/4 a mile from me on a totaly different lot coming towards me. He gets out and starts flipping out on me and *****ing. I tried to explain to him that I couldn't even gain traction on the ground sitting still and letting the car try to roll out. He goes back and sits in his patrol car for over 45 minutes, and comes back with a ticket. I was charged with Careless Driving, Wreckless Driving, and Improper Equipment on a car. Now I could understand Wreckless Driving, and I COULD understand improper equipment, yet the ricer cars where sliding around just as bad as my car, only difference, mine had blue neon, they didn't have any sort of lights on them.... So what do you guys think I should do? My court date is june 12th, what is the worst that could happen? Could they still put me in jail or something??? I'm kinda freaking out because I just became a senior at school and this is my first ticket EVER, not even a verbal warning before this... Any ideas?

Nah doubt that will happen, they may suspend the license if EVEN that and probably attend traffic safety school on top of fines and possibly a curfew, but jail time??? Nah.

If it's your first time ever in traffic court they typically go easy on ya. Unless you were involved in something really stupid. Around here you get to go to traffic school for 3 hours on your first one and it doesn't go on your record. Unless you were doing something really stupid. Explain your story but don't point fingers at the ricers, makes you look like a whiner.

5 points and a 200-300 dollar fine. Thats if they nail you for everything. They'll probably just get you for reckless driving.

Reckless driving, in PA, is 3 points. I hear thats typical. You wont go to jail, but you insurance company is not going to be pleased. The whole points thing gets them ****ed sometimes.

IF you think you have a valid defense, demand a speedy trial in accordance with your sixth amendment right. They're not likely to go to the trouble, however.

Thats what I did for my first ticket. They ended up giving me a parking ticket instead so there weren't any points on my license.

When you go to court, just be cool and explain to the judge EXACTLY what happened. Don't say ANYTHING bad about the cop or anyone else. ONLY explain what happened to you. The judge is on the cop's side, so if you try to attack the cops side, you lose. If you explain what happened to you and only you, then you may be let off or at least with less violations. Don't even mention the other ricers. That'll just mean you are mad the cop got you instead of someone else (even though you may be).

Again... just go to court, be cool and explain what happened. You'll probably still get the improper equipment since having bald tires isn't really a good excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom