What Ram Is The Best For Me To Use

Yes, but the vista beta and vista RC were almost as fast as win7 RC. MS still has plenty of time to break it :rolleyes:

The fastest you can find/afford. In general, you want the timings to be low, CAS latency to be low, DDR3 is great if your motherboard is compatible. Also, the more, the better. For the most part, you get what you pay for.

the speed of the OSes probably had minimal effect on most of the people on this board because people on computer sites usually don't have the "average" system, you have to remember that at first a lot of systems were shipping with 512MB and 1GB RAM and Vista installed...

the fastest RAM by speed rating is not always the most cost efficient for an Intel system and can be a waste of money, why pay more for the fastest RAM available if it will just be bottlenecked by the FSB...? my guess is that there are only a handful of Intel systems on this site that are running at over 1600MHz FSB, so really 800MHz RAM with low latencies is the sweet spot for about 95% of Intel systems (i7 excluded of course), AMD isn't FSB bound, so this is usually where buying the faster memory speeds make the most sense (1066HMz+)...

Back
Top Bottom