What is LiteSpeed server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave@56

In Runtime
Guys!

Has anyone here any experience with hosts who provide services based on LiteSpeed server, like simplehelix.com, for instance?

They claim this is fastest existing server software, and thus everything on your site would work faster... I have never heard anything of it, and wonder is it really true what they say?

Lightspeed server dosent have access to the mod rewrite features that Apachie dose, an although it loads pages a infinitesimally small amount faster you are in theiory more open to DDOS attacks among others.

Where is the plus there is a minus. One more relative disadvantage is cPanel incompatibility. Direct admin is used instead. Bad for those who have got accustomed to cpanel...

As for the company simplehelix.com itself, I'd like to say that it is the perfect choice whether you are looking for business or personal web hosting. It's definitely true that Litespeed server is six times faster than Apache, so you will be fully satisfied with the speed connection. Good choice I should say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom