What else are you in to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I got into building my own system back in the early 90's and only wish I had a forum like this back then (had to figure it all out myself) and was into it for a few years, and then started getting into other things and didn't really use the PC too much. and now I have 3 major hobbies and all three are expensive, I got into R/C flying in 2000 and have been doing it since and have planes with 73" wing spans (that's actually pretty big for a R/C plane) then a friend got me back into riding dirt bikes in 2005 and now I have a 1995 CR250 and a 2006 CRF250X (anybody want to buy a 95 CR250 ;) LOL) and last but far from least, I'm back into the computer scene with this great forum to keep me up to date on everything, and this one is expensive. But this is the only one that I can get to help pay for itself by building for people who want better than a Dell for a lower price, I make $100 per build and they pay half for parts and when I deliver they pay the other half and a extra $100 for me building and trouble shooting it to a fully working system, I get the first half before I order so if they bail I can easily sell the system for the other half and not lose any money, Not a bad gig really. So what do all of you do other than build some kick systems.

Dauntae

Game, Kick-Boxing, Fictional and poetic writing, formerly roleplayed, occasionally fishing, wakeboarding, and I like shopping for clothes. You may laugh, but than ever-so-sly hint of metrosexuality is a fun part about me.

I have been building systems since the 90's also. I remember that my family had an Apple IIe until the days of Windows 95. I remember the first system I had that was 100Mhz with the BLAZING FAST Intel Evergreen upgrade to have it run at a LIGHTNING FAST 125Mhz. Sucker had 72 Megs of RAM, and 56.6kbps modem. LOL. Had an ISA Sound card of some kind. Then I remember the Socket 754 $400 CPU that I fried with a Thermaltake CPU cooler back in the day. Who knew you needed thermal paste?! (that was my first AMD after an Intel 650Mhz Pentium II. That Pentium II ran diablo II at like 4-7 fps... man, THOSE were the DAYS!! LOL!

I enjoy fishing from time to time, like 3-5 times a year, although I haven't been for the past 2 years. Oh well. I was just eyeing my fishing pole a few days back in the garage.

Another one is Gas powered RC cars. I have (sort of) an HPI Nitro RUSH that met face to face with 6" tall cement curb at full speed (~40ish MPH)... bent the chassis, motor mount, and the engine... Stupid throttle linkage popped off and it was stuck at WIDE OPEN throttle, and at the same time, lost radio contact with the controller... My bad. After a new Chassis and motor mount, failure to get it back to life had me get an HPI Nitro MT2 (I THINK thats what it is). This one is 4 wheel drive stadium truck. After 3+ years, I have yet to have had it out more than 5 times, and STILL can't get it tuned right... it ALWAYS pulls really hard to one side or the other, and I can NEVER get the mods to work right on it. Like the (can't think of names... lol). The thing that returns the throttle and steering to neutral position if it goes out of range, or the rechargable setup I put on it... Oh well.

Newest thing I am trying to do is get back into shape. Sitting at a desk for 6 years has be WAY out of shape, and about 80 pounds heaveir than when I started. Now, when I started, I was 180, and for a guy with hardly any muscle, and standing at 6'3"ish.. (been told I am 6'2"-6'4" depending on which doctors I am at) that is like an anorexic stick figure... I am hoping to get down to 220-210 for my Cruise this winter from Miami to Key West to Cozumel. CANT WAIT!!

Every time I'm at a urinal, I try my luck at one step further away each time.

I'm approaching the 7 ft. mark, much to the custodian's disliking.

I'm also kinda into RC cars like Ethereal_Dragon. I have an old electric HPI RS4 Rally with an 11 turn motor. The thing flies, probably 40-50 mph.

I also enjoy playing my guitar most of the time. Usually I'm playing my guitar while sitting at my computer posting on these forums. I play a lot of Zeppelin, Hendrix, Chili Peppers usually whatever I listen to. My main electric guitar is a G&L Comanche which only cost me $700, and is the sweetest guitar I've ever owned. For acoustic, I have a crappy $130 Fender DG-7, but I love it. I mainly play Dave Matthews stuff. Every now and then I get with my friends and have a little jam session to play whatever we feel like.

During the winter I just play video games and go out to drink socially every now and then...lol I hate winter. During the summer is when I do most of my activities. I usually rock climb and camp mostly. I also swim a lot, my grandma has had an inground pool since the 70's and I usually take advantage of that. My friend also has a pretty nice boat that we take out on the river. We usually do some tubing, so much fun, but really hurts at 50mph.

But since I've been like hibernating this winter, I need to get back in shape for summer. Mainly by dieting, I don't lift weights.

I am a geek, pure and simple. I have always been a bookworm and read anything I could get my hands on. I finished the encyclopedia Brittanica while in fourth grade. :D I don't read as much as I used to, but I still get in some now and then.

I used to be big into cooking, and am starting to get back into it. I try to cook much healthier now than I used to (got rid of my Fry Daddy and such). I love to make soup and chili, but the wife gets tired of both pretty quick. I can cook most anything, though. I plan on learning how to grill this summer... never had one to use, so i never really learned.

I am also on the "get healthy" thing. being a big, BIG guy, I need to be on it. I've lost around 50 pounds so far this year, and that was while laid off. I'm still laid off unfortunately, but I would probably be losing more if I were more active. To me, exercise is a four letter word. :p

I am also into theology. Most of what I study/have studied is more toward the inner stuff like the differences between the various denominations and such, but I am well rounded in all the points of the subject. I haven't studied Greek or Hebrew yet, but might one day.

I'm not so much into the computer scene anymore.

Some of my other hobbies are riding quads.

-202-2resize.jpg

I think my hobby of R/C is dieing off, but I have been making it a slow death because I hate the thought of all the money into these things going to waste.

emaxxhdrresize2.jpg

amoabrustler.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

Then I have been doing some photography since last summer when I got my Nikon D60.

Thats about it.

Obviously, my first love is everything computers. Pricing out builds for people is like crack to me. Building them is just as good, depending on the parts.

I'm also heavy into photography...looking to pick up a DSLR sometime, since all I have right now is a 35mm SLR. Also, I play guitar/write my own music. Trying to get enough stuff together to record an album. Lately I've been writing more electronic stuff through FL Studio, but I'm getting back into the guitar groove.

Other than that, the basic stuff. Reading, video games, etc. I'm Italian, so eating is a nice past time of mine...though that's going to have to stop soon if I ever want to lose weight, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom