What does your chill spot look like?

The 530's are way better than these things. Seriously, they are literally the crappiest speakers I've ever used new out of the box. The ONLY thing they have going for them are the headphone jack on the side with the volume knob.

mines the left of the vol. knob. I like that as well. instead of having the headphones plugged into my system which is on the floor so I would run over the cord. I did that when I had my creative 4.1s... got annoying. LOL

The 530's are way better than these things. Seriously, they are literally the crappiest speakers I've ever used new out of the box. The ONLY thing they have going for them are the headphone jack on the side with the volume knob.

Headphones are so the way forward.

Can play games full volume, listen to private things quietly (Lol? :D ), and sound quality from $200 headphones will beat any speaker under $1000 no problem. You don't quite get that feeling of rumbling bass or power you get from good speakers turned up.. but I can live with that. I rekon i have my ATH-AD700's on for about 10 hours a day, so much that if i put them on the wrong way round i can tell instantly because the foam for each cup has molded to the corresponding side of my head :p

Speaking of headphone outputs, i thought i'd test my keyboards headphone output, so i plugged the keyboards stereo jack into my mobo's headphone output, then headphones into my keyboards output, and wow, what a pile of absolute crap. Not even stereo, just mono audio.. and it sucked!

I'd probably get me a decent pair of headphones, however since I have all the best equipment in the house my bedroom is basically the living room, so speakers are a better investment for me.

Headphones are so the way forward.

Can play games full volume, listen to private things quietly (Lol? :D ), and sound quality from $200 headphones will beat any speaker under $1000 no problem. You don't quite get that feeling of rumbling bass or power you get from good speakers turned up.. but I can live with that. I rekon i have my ATH-AD700's on for about 10 hours a day, so much that if i put them on the wrong way round i can tell instantly because the foam for each cup has molded to the corresponding side of my head :p

Speaking of headphone outputs, i thought i'd test my keyboards headphone output, so i plugged the keyboards stereo jack into my mobo's headphone output, then headphones into my keyboards output, and wow, what a pile of absolute crap. Not even stereo, just mono audio.. and it sucked!
I actually prefer surround sound but I haven't had decent 5.1 in years. I can't wear headphones for very long and I have some very comfortable stereo headphones. It doesn't help that every time I'm trying to game while wearing them somebody bugs the crap out of me so I wind up taking them off every 2 seconds saying "WHAT?" lol.

I'd probably get me a decent pair of headphones, however since I have all the best equipment in the house my bedroom is basically the living room, so speakers are a better investment for me.
Used to be that way with me until I put my 24" LCD and JBL speakers out in the living room. So much nice reclining watching movies than sitting in a computer chair.

I use sony MDR150s.... not too bad for being 10 dollar haedphones.....

on the go I use JVC flats.... also good 10 dollar headphones....

but I mostly use my 5.1's.... I own my own house so it's nice to blast mah bass LOL. missed doin that when I lived in apartments.

I use sony MDR150s.... not too bad for being 10 dollar haedphones.....

on the go I use JVC flats.... also good 10 dollar headphones....

but I mostly use my 5.1's.... I own my own house so it's nice to blast mah bass LOL. missed doin that when I lived in apartments.
Exactly why I don't live in those God forsaken things anymore. When we move I hope we don't have that same problem again or else I'm moving back.

Back
Top Bottom